Workout of the Day #1
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Workout of the Day #1

Your Mission shall you choose to accept it is as follows:

"The 100 Burpie Challenge"
    The rules to this challenge are simple start a timer, and complete a hundred strict form burpees as fast as possible then stop the timer. And then go throw up.
    Also you have to listen either "eye of the tiger" by survivor or "The Final Countdown" by Europe while doing this challenge as it makes it feel like a scene out of a 70's boxing movie.

What is a burpee? http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/burpeeclip.htm
    There's a short clip and definition of what a burpee is for those that aren't familiar with the exercise.

Once you've finished, post your time in this thread. Goodluck

I love burpees. The only thing I see different in that video is when he gets back on his feet, he isn't in the squat position, he just jumps off of his tippies. I will get to this today or tomorrow and post my time.

You can do burpees without fatigue now:

http://www.spellcaster.de/burpee/

Click on "Burpee Demo" near the top of the list for proper form:
    http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Exer

And thanks for posting that vid of burpees DS11, i just posted the best vid i could find.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ugh that sounds horrible. i'll do it, but i'm not gonna like it. it's back day today too. i'm a dead man.

6:48 is my time. Not great but for not doing burpees in a while im happy with it.

As someone who never, ever does burpees, I hated this. I did it and my time was so bad it's not even funny. The last time I did a burpee was more than two years ago but I thought I was in better shape. Guess who's going to do those darn things every day now?

Quote Originally Posted by spartan0509 View Post
    As someone who never, ever does burpees, I hated this. I did it and my time was so bad it's not even funny. The last time I did a burpee was more than two years ago but I thought I was in better shape. Guess who's going to do those darn things every day now?
    lol, i went and prayed to the porclain idol after i did mine. Why not post your time, we won't judge it's just extra motivation for you to get better.

Haha, yes you will. You'll sit at your computer going "Oh my God... is she serious?" and then you'll collapse in hysterical laughter. I won't hold it against you though, since that's what my old man did. It took me 18:46 to do those hundred. I'll try again in a few days and knock some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan0509 View Post
    Haha, yes you will. You'll sit at your computer going "Oh my God... is she serious?" and then you'll collapse in hysterical laughter. I won't hold it against you though, since that's what my old man did. It took me 18:46 to do those hundred. I'll try again in a few days and knock some time off.
    I didn't collapse in hysterical laughter just fell outta my chair lol. But in all seriousness That's not completely horrible the good thing is that you sucked up the pain and did them. That's what counts not the time, the determination to get it done. So good job.

^^^ Correct. Also since a burpee extends energy throughout the entire body, if you keep trying to better that time, don't be surprised if your ISTs go up. I will try mine tomorrow. I have a different routine today. I've been out of the gym since Wednesday.

I'll do it at PT tomorrow looks fun and painful at the same time.

Are you just making up these workouts everyday or getting them from somewhere tko? I would like them to be like todays so they are not very time consuming and something I can do alongside my regular workout. If your taking requests lol.

they will all be like this don't worry.

Thread Information