Finally got the Call
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Finally got the Call

Evening Marines,

After bugging the he** outta my recruiter I finally got the call to come into the recruiting station an fill out all the paper work, about 4 and a half hours worth of it. Ive heard all the stories about the Marine Corps being full and being "picky" and not taking highschool grads, well I can say I feel blessed to be chosen as I am a highschool grad. So for those of you out there in my position dont give up hope if its something you would ******* die for! Ive signed a SOU before going to MEPS to take my asvab and physical, I've gotten the green light for MEPS so its only a matter of waiting. I'll be waiting till October to get a job that I want (03xx) but that doesnt matter, I just want to be a United States Marine as I told the GunnerySergeant when she asked me.

Only questions I really have are what are some helpful ASVAB sites to get me better prepaired for the ASVAB? (I have to score a 50 to qualify).

Do any Marines here follow the CrossFit program? Is it a good program to help me while I'm waiting for a shipdate and be better prepaired for MCRD?

Thankyou for your time Marines

Good for you!

You can check in the poolee forum on the Cross Fit program. I believe there's a thread on it, not sure though. I know there's two on the P90X......
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93333

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=78910&page=2

And you might find a few others on what PT some poolee are doing.

ABCs of the ASVAB
    All About the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini.../asvababcs.htm

Best of luck to you!

Go to either the local bookstore, or amazon, and buy a couple of study guides. You can also go to the local library, but they won't be the most 'up to date' books.

"You get what you pay for", but do NOT go to one of the pay websites that promise all sorts of things for the ASVAB. Study on your own with the books and you'll be fine.

Congrats. Stay out of trouble. No drinking, speeding, etc.

October? That sucks. Your ass is going to be cold. And you're from the east coast, enjoy PI. I used to live about 20 minutes from you (Stafford, VA) but requested to ship out to San Diego. San Diego and Camp Pendleton were FREEZING some days when I was at boot (I shipped Oct 19th). Especially up in those mountains during field week. I hate the cold lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanInfidel View Post
    Evening Marines,

I want (03xx)
    Dont ever lose sight, and you will. It is the hardest job in the Marine Corps. and all we ever do is Crossfit.

Thread Information