Training pass rate?
Create Post

Training pass rate?

Hi guys, remember me? if not, I'm the annoying one from Scotland that wants to join. Long story short my parents applied for a job (hence residency) in the states and things are looking good.

Anyway, I was just wondering, what's the pass/fail ratio for training? (Both phases). Do most people drop out, with only a select few left? Or are those who have difficulty back trooped? (I don't know if it's the same term in America, but it means placed in a more junior section).

How fit should a recruit be before he enlists?

Thanks

You can try saying..."Hi Marines", not Hi guys.

There are 3 phases to Marine Corps boot camp/recruit training.
    http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

How well you do at recruit training is totally up to you on whether you drop out of recruit training or not. You really got to mess up for that to happen, like refuse to train, keep getting dropped to another platoon because you unked swim qual and the rifle range among a few things.
    If you go to boot camp with failure on your mind, then guess what, it's going to happen. You need to go to boot camp with a positive attitude.

Surviving Marine Corps Recruit Training
    Part 1
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...arinebasic.htm

Part 2
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...rinebasic2.htm

Also.....and try using the search bar here on Leatherneck on Marine Corps boot camp/recruit training and getting into shape.

Anyone going to boot camp/recruit training should be in decent shape.
    First, when you do come to America, you'll need to get with a recruiter in the area you will be living in. There's a process to go through first before you even get to boot camp/recruit training.

There's a few parts to this.......
    Introduction
    Deciding Which Military Service To Join
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini.../recruiter.htm

Ah okay then, thanks for that. Well I certainly wont be going in with the wrong attitude, it'll be the first thing I do once arriving in the states.

I'll search the forums as you mentioned about getting fit before enlistment, and prepare as much as I can before hand.
    I think I'm a but under weight though, I'll have to seek out the BMI requirements.

Thanks WMarine.

Underweight is a lot easier to deal with than overweight. With the double rats + the exersize you'll get in boot, you'll easily gain weight to at least within standards.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Heres an Eye Opener.

Read my Blog Here.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/blog.php?b=247

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Underweight is a lot easier to deal with than overweight. With the double rats + the exersize you'll get in boot, you'll easily gain weight to at least within standards.
    This is true, I went in at 140 lbs. I was suppose to be on double rats but since I hardly got the time to eat it all, i skipped double rats and got the normal square like everyone else and i loaded up on veggies from the salad bar. by the time i left the Island i weighed in at 183!

Had around 80+ recruits in my platoon, graduated with less than 60. Can't say what the normal average is though.

Hmm, well my mass is 61Kg (Damn metric system)

Great blog RhodeIsland, pretty daunting, but that's helpful to have in front of me there, thanks.

Thanks for the response Marines!

Don't worry about being underweight, unless it's significant. I had to gain a half a pound to ship, I was 106 when I left, came back at 115 after boot. I wasn't put on double rats at all, and we always ate large to small, so I was always last, usually with about 2min to eat. Yea, it sucked...there were a LOT of times where I hardly ate, if I was even that lucky...

I'm only 5'4", so I'm one of the smallest Marines I've ever seen lol. But don't think that means anything, it's ALL about attitude. There was a 200lbs football player in my platoon that was *****ing about carrying the packs on the humps. Give me a break...the pack literally weighed as much as me and having short legs makes it even harder.

We started with ~66, finished with 57. It's really not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Don't worry about being underweight, unless it's significant. I had to gain a half a pound to ship, I was 106 when I left, came back at 115 after boot. I wasn't put on double rats at all, and we always ate large to small, so I was always last, usually with about 2min to eat. Yea, it sucked...there were a LOT of times where I hardly ate, if I was even that lucky...

I'm only 5'4", so I'm one of the smallest Marines I've ever seen lol. But don't think that means anything, it's ALL about attitude. There was a 200lbs football player in my platoon that was *****ing about carrying the packs on the humps. Give me a break...the pack literally weighed as much as me and having short legs makes it even harder.

We started with ~66, finished with 57. It's really not that hard.
    Well, all I want os to be a U.S. Marine and I'll do what it takes, I swear to god I'll do whatever it takes.

Now all I have to do is wait...maybe if I run on the spot time will move faster.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Hmm, well my mass is 61Kg (Damn metric system)

Great blog RhodeIsland, pretty daunting, but that's helpful to have in front of me there, thanks.

Thanks for the response Marines!
    I have No Doubt you can do it

Thread Information