1st Recon Posers
Create Post

1st Recon Posers

I was looking up videos of airsofting on youtube and came across a bunch of videos of USMC Recon Airsoft Clubs which consists of airsofters posing as Recon Marines. This one upset me the most due to the fact they wore Blues in their pictures and they are from the Czech Republic. Why do people keep selling dress blues on the internet, there should be like a ban for this garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCflj7ecA8

I hear what your saying. Take it as a compliment that kids, foreigners, etc. want to pretend to be you. As long as they are not trying to pass themselves off as real Marines I feel no harm done. They are just reenactors.
    I used to play airsoft but wore jeans and a tee when everyone else looked like a SEAL, Ranger, Marine, etc. Its like wearing your favorite pro-team jersey. Are you on the team? No... Your a fan.

I understand doc, I do take it as a compliment but they're wearing blues, with ribbons and badges...this one guy is sporting a Navy & MC Achievement ribbon, combat action ribbon, kuwait liberation ribbon, good conduct...ect. Isn't that like a problem?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    He won't Be if You go over there on Leave and Snap His Fucing Neck

Ya Fist with no questions asked,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by itzs4m View Post
    I understand doc, I do take it as a compliment but they're wearing blues, with ribbons and badges...this one guy is sporting a Navy & MC Achievement ribbon, combat action ribbon, kuwait liberation ribbon, good conduct...ect. Isn't that like a problem?

If I had a dollar for every idiot posing as a Marine on the Internet: I'd be rich. Yeah, they shouldn't do it and need a good smackdown for being kids and stupid. But if you do it for one, you gotta do it for them all. I'm not saying don't be upset, but don't loose any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waveslide View Post
    As long as they are not trying to pass themselves off as real Marines I feel no harm done.
    Quote Originally Posted by itzs4m View Post

Stolen Valor Act!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW78RT7h74k&NR=1

Look closely at the blues

SNCO with no pistol badge
    NCO with Non-NCO belt buckle
    SNCO with NCO buckle

I could go on for days

Don't get me started on the DI shown in the pictures

To bad they are not in the U.S.

It's one thing to be a airsoft club and go "play war" in the woods but it's a different subject when you continue to "play" after you leave the woods and go put on a set of dress uniforms and go have a tea party mess night like you are all brothers in arms that have shed blood together.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    He won't Be if You go over there on Leave and Snap His Fucing Neck
    I Like That Idea!!!

Just wannabees, and foreign wannabees at that. US law doesn't apply. Look at it this way, there are plenty of goofs running around in WWI, WWII German and Napoleanic outifts 'reenacting' various things, in THIS country, that aren't correct either.

Foreign military (for the most part) love Marines. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan on the ISAF HQ base with some 40+ countries here, and not many Marines. They know who we are, and know there is a difference between us and the rest of the US forces. They have a great respect for us and a lot of them are fans if you can believe that. They like seeing the EGA and in general look forward to getting to work with us. They take the time to learn our history and hymn when you have Army, Air Force and Navy here that don't even bother learning our ranks (Hey sarge! or calling SSgt's Sgt\sarge\staff).

I understand people's anger towards it, but I also know they don't mean disrespect, they actually mean the exact opposite. I promise if you were given the chance to "calmly" talk to them face to face and explain the cultural difference in what they are doing, they would not spit back at you and tell you to f¿ck off.

For those of you who went through bootcamp around the turn of the century and didn't receive Blues as part of their general issue its because of guys selling their blues online or to Saigon Sam's or wherever.

I guess it is a compliment that foreigners want to play recon Marine.

When I was in HS/ Jr. High, we used to play paintball..I didn't hear of Airsoft until my Aunt started getting into it three or four years ago. In paintball we usually just wore old cammies or BDU's (we took off any nametapes or patches) when we did stuff in the woods. All the other stuff we wore like cleats and jerseys (paintball brand name jerseys). I created a Pball team and club at my high school, held practices and meetings and all that, but we never pretended to be any particular military group and did any roleplaying stuff. That's a little weird to me.

Thread Information