i need some help on this question since im a hs graduate im not allowed to go active - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyFungus View Post
    I'm glad you're talking about "what recruiters would like to see", as I am one. I've been a canvassing recruiter for a year and some change up here in the 1st MCD. You absolutely could not be more further off base and have no idea what you're talking about.
    so tell be how i was off base and have no idea what i'm talking about cause you give nothing as a rebuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Draw up a thread proposal and send it to thedrifter and ask her to sticky it....I would very much like to see it and active duty recruiters answering questions such as yourself and a few others on here.....with up to date scoop.Thanks!
    I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Draw up a thread proposal and send it to thedrifter and ask her to sticky it....I would very much like to see it and active duty recruiters answering questions such as yourself and a few others on here.....with up to date scoop.Thanks!

Sure thing, give me a few days to draft something up.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Sure thing, give me a few days to draft something up.
    Thanks...that way the poolees can be referred to that for updated scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    Not true, they are not the last resort.
    How much office traffic have you handled in your RSS? It may differ from region to region, but overall it's safe to assume that anyone walking into the recruiting station is imminently disqualifyed.

the minimum is a high school deploma. The recruiters would like to see their poolees start on getting a higher eduacation which in the long run will help the poolee get in as a contract PFC and to keep going with a college eduaction in the fleet.
    I really have no idea what you're talking about, not to be rude, but looks like you should retake "Spelling for Marines" MCI. Any applicant with past or previous college is automatically (or supposed to be) referred to the OSO/OST for possible accesion into the Corps' officer programs. 9 times out of 10 an applicant that has taken college in the past does NOT want to continue on education within the Corps' and is NOT joining for the college benefits. As stated previously, 9/10 those applicants were coaxed into college by outside influencers as a stall tactic to prevent them from enlisting into the military. The old "...just try college first..."

in the past couple of years i have seen friends who were going to college or got out and went to college go back in and became officers.
    MECEP, BOOST, NROTC, ECP, PLC. The Corps' has a ton of officer accesion and enlised commissioning programs however, this has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. Besides, around 10% of Marine Corps officers are prior enlisted.

the recruiters have a wide selection of poolees to choose from and send in.
    We don't contract applicants so we have a pool to chose from, we contract applicants to ship to recruit training and to graduate recruit training and become Marines. This is why our applicants must pass a partial IST before they are even allowed to contract at MEPS. What you fail to realize is that contracting is small potatoes in comparison to shipping and graduating. We as recruiters are responsible for that applicant/poolee/recruit/Marine until he/she steps foot off of Parris Island or San Diego as United States Marines.

unlike my time when i enlisted they were looking for anybody. when the economy improves and more jobs created you'll see the recruiters going back to the old practices of the 90's trying to get as many on the bus as they can.
    I don't tell you what/when/why and how you do your job in the Corps, so please refrain from making assumptions about recruiting duty, recruiters and the Marine Corps Manpower systems.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyFungus View Post
    How much office traffic have you handled in your RSS? It may differ from region to region, but overall it's safe to assume that anyone walking into the recruiting station is imminently disqualifyed.

Maybe if you took the time to read my profile SSgt. you would have noticed something!

I really have no idea what you're talking about, not to be rude, but looks like you should retake "Spelling for Marines" MCI. Any applicant with past or previous college is automatically (or supposed to be) referred to the OSO/OST for possible accesion into the Corps' officer programs. 9 times out of 10 an applicant that has taken college in the past does NOT want to continue on education within the Corps' and is NOT joining for the college benefits. As stated previously, 9/10 those applicants were coaxed into college by outside influencers as a stall tactic to prevent them from enlisting into the military. The old "...just try college first..."

Never said I was the best speller in the world and like some (not all) other Marines that have done that MCI they barrowed a copy from a Fellow Marine to complete it! not to be rude, suck it up if you are having trouble deciphering my words. where are your statistics to back this claim up?

MECEP, BOOST, NROTC, ECP, PLC. The Corps' has a ton of officer accesion and enlised commissioning programs however, this has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. Besides, around 10% of Marine Corps officers are prior enlisted.

seems "Spelling for Marines" failed you also!

We don't contract applicants so we have a pool to chose from, we contract applicants to ship to recruit training and to graduate recruit training and become Marines. This is why our applicants must pass a partial IST before they are even allowed to contract at MEPS. What you fail to realize is that contracting is small potatoes in comparison to shipping and graduating. We as recruiters are responsible for that applicant/poolee/recruit/Marine until he/she steps foot off of Parris Island or San Diego as United States Marines.

Hope that answered some questions for the poolees and wannabees!

I don't tell you what/when/why and how you do your job in the Corps, so please refrain from making assumptions about recruiting duty, recruiters and the Marine Corps Manpower systems.

Well if your so tired of answering the questions that get posted and no recruiter answers any questions here on this forum I think you are doing a disservice for those who want to earn that Eagle, Glode, and Anchor, just as you and I did! time will tell when the numbers start to come up short!

rebuttaled!

[/color]

rebuttaled!
    *sigh*

Nevermind, you don't get it, and you never will... Point missed entirely, again.

Thread Information