Why did you join the Corps?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why did you join the Corps?

Lets see why everyone joined. I want to see all poolees post here. I joined because I've wanted to be a Marine for about five years. I want the respect, the brotherhood, and I wanted to set my future. So to all poolees: why did you join?

I honestly joined the Corps because of the challenge

Last edited by BrianW; 02-11-10 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I got off track.

I never met my either of my grandfathers and when i was little there was this uniform in my closet and for as long as i can remember i've wanted to wear that uniform. Now that i know what that uniform means i want to wear it that much more, this is why i want earn the title of United States Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by TKOTapout View Post
    I never met my either of my grandfathers and when i was little there was this uniform in my closet and for as long as i can remember i've wanted to wear that uniform. Now that i know what that uniform means i want to wear it that much more, this is why i want earn the title of United States Marine.
    Thats fckn motivating!

I joined because I love the Marines. Always wanted to be one, I love every thing the Marines stand for. Also like said before, I wanted the challenge.

Well, I was originally going to join the Navy after I graduated. I'd been set on joining the Navy for about a year. The night before my first day of school (Senior Year) I could not get to sleep at all so I started watching videos on youtube of September 11th (I don't know why). Even though I had watched it on T.V. when I was little, I never really understood why it was such a big deal. After spending about an hour watching videos I finally went to bed and thought about what I had seen and what I was going to do about it. I realized I wanted to make a bigger difference and that I didn't want to spend 6 months on a ship pushing a button every day. A couple of weeks later the Marine recruiter came to my Senior picnick and that's when I made up my mind. I met him in September 21st and enlisted on October 10th, 2009.

Now I just can't wait to ship!

I think this is the most moto thread in the poolee hall

I want to be part of the best, I want to go through the toughest boot camp, and I want the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. >>

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My dads a First Sargent so it was always something i grew up interested in but, I joined for the challenge, to be the best of the best, the hardcore training, and most of all b/c I love my country and love being an American, and b/c I want to fight to protect what we have.

I joined because of (promised loads of) money and (cheap) women... so I could go around showing off and telling people off!

Other than that, I cannot explain it - the Marine embodies everything I could see myself to be! Ever since I was a kid, I was attracted to the military, I watched WW2 and Vietnam movies with my grandfather (who alongside many older relatives participated one way or another in different wars), he would buy me toy soldiers (got addicted to olive drab at young age), I watched every G.I. Joe show, I thought what Rambo did was too cool for school....

The hardest, longest and best training, tight brotherhood, sense of belonging and accomplishment, and everyday challenges.... and I love the fact that it is an amphibious/expeditionary force (love water, not the Navy), where less is more, and where you have the opportunity and sometimes a privilege to be alongside people that you can count on, knowing that all have went through the same mud, sand, pain and sweat, to earn that coveted title!!!

We will love it, and hate it a bit, but it's all worth it on the long run! I only wish I could have done it earlier - but better now than never!

All the other smart/reasonably sane people in my family joined the Army, went to school, got jobs, started families, those things sensible people do. I went to college and then said, what the heck, join the Marines, it's not like you can't do it or have anything better you could do. Scariest moment of my life so far was walking into the recruiter's office and saying "Tell me about being a Marine". (Second scariest was getting mugged at gunpoint, but the mugger was a spineless little pile of poo.) But just like jumping off that balcony into the mattress pile in college, it was very much worth it.
    It sounds weird to say it's the right way for my life. It's a kind of addiction for me too. Every time I meet one challenge, bring on the next. I'm getting tired of easy! I could give fifty more tangible reasons why I'm a poolee but they make boring reading.

I joined because I knew I wasn't going to college. School just isn't my thaang...lol I also want to be a police officer once I get out. I always had an interest in Military and of course you have to join the best to be the best.

Around April (?) of 2009, my school had a job fair. I wrote down Military as my first option..Only a handful of kids got to do the job fair, luckily I got picked. So, two Marines came to my school and that's how it all started.

ever since i was a 9 i knew i was gonna join the military i just didnt know which branch, as i got older and started looking into the military more i relized that to me it was MARINES or nothing.

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be in the military, but I never knew which Branch I wanted to join. When I left for college, when I was kicking back in my room, I saw a USMC commercial. I heard the calling and I walked into the Office and signed up. I figured if I am going to give my life to the government, then why not join the strongest, most elite, and most versatile fighting force on the planet. I love what the Marines stand for. I love the uniforms. I can't wait for the challenge, and I can't wait to be apart of the United States Marine Corps.

Thread Information