Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Stocking Cap, Snow Cap, Head Condom

Head Condom.....That's a good one

Not Marine related

My ex-father-in-law passed away. He was a WW 2 vet. He was Army. My former sister-in-law is putting together a box with his medals and patches. She is looking for 1 patch. It's an Aviation Engineers with the 866. Can anyone tell me where to look. She found one on E-bay for $69 but she can't afford that. Thanks in advance.

Does this beanie have a prop on top?

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh,was this an issued beanie. I don't ever remember seeing one.

Quote Originally Posted by 00101010 View Post
    I personally don't wear it because saluting in a beanie doesn't feel right.
    (neither does saluting in a war zone)
    Thats the part that got me. They are requiring you to salute in a war zone?!? Are they trying to avoid paying out retirement benefits to officers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Thats the part that got me. They are requiring you to salute in a war zone?!? Are they trying to avoid paying out retirement benefits to officers or something?
    No it's common sense...you don't salute an office while in the field. You want to put your officer's life in danger if there's enemy combatants around?

Quote Originally Posted by itzs4m View Post
    No it's common sense...you don't salute an office while in the field. You want to put your officer's life in danger if there's enemy combatants around?
    It was a joke. That was my point, saluting and getting them killed would mean not having to pay out retirement benefits.

Saluting in a Watch Cap was authorized when i was in Korea on the "Mainside" of the base, but as usual no saluting on the field side. The only Awkward part was that they still played colors on the field side, and standing around at POA and not saluting felt a bit rediculous.

Thread Information