Newest 1st Battalion Marine
Create Post

Newest 1st Battalion Marine

Well, It was a long hard journey, but I am finally among the Few and the Proud. I graduated from Platoon 1061, Bravo Company, 1st Battalion on Aug 15th 2003. We graduated as the honor platoon for the Company. I was fortunate enough to stay a few days after graduation to tour the surrounding areas, and it really is a beautiful place. You just don't think so when you have a Drill Instructor in front of you. It was definately the best thing that I have ever done, but also the hardest. I will be around to answer any questions that the Poolees have, so don't be afraid to ask.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Cool CONGRADUATIONS...............ROBOROBINSON17

Joe, I always knew you had it in you to be come one of us. Let me WELCOME YOU TO THE BROTHER/SISTERHOOD. You make me Proud by becoming a United States Marine. You should do well in your career as a Marine, be it 4 yrs or more.

Congrduations again..........Stand Tall you earned it.

Sempers,

Roger

PS: Would like to see your Boot Camp Picture in the Gallery......

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Congratulations Marine........

Welcome back.....Stay Tough,Stay Marine. Glad to see the PFC stripe,go for the LCPL.........SgtMaj. Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall

Congrats, Marine.
    I'll be heading down to MCRD Parris Island December 1st (95 days!). Further Congrats on the PFC stripe. Don't think I'll be seeing one of those but I'll try for it!

No questions, just praise!

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations Marine!

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Registered User Free Member joemustang's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    congrats man! i leave for MCRD PI on the 15th of september hopefully, if not, then the 22nd of september and i am excited to earn the title of a United States Marine. it has been a dream of mine ever since i could remember to become a Marine. i am goin into logistics when i graduate. for all you Marines who know anything about changin MOSs while at bootcamp, can you do that or no or should i not think about that while im in bootcamp and just make it through?

Semper Fi

Thank You all. It truly is great to be home. Joemustang, as far as changing, once you are there, you are 99% stuck. The only 2 ways to get them changed are if you are honor grad, or you need a distance waiver and are a Reservist. I was lucky. I was originally Motor T, but my unit was to far from my college. I ended up doing a unit transfer, and the only way to do that was to change my mos to 0351, as it is an Infantry unit. You do have the option not to change, and if you have a bonus, you will lose it. Change it before you go. Before you leave, SET UP EVERYTHING! Everything from recruitors assistance to paying your bills 3 months in advance.. Once you are there, nobody cares, because you are on the Island, and that was the only goal.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Thread Information