Was Army, Want to be a MARINE!
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Was Army, Want to be a MARINE!

Hello,

I am ex-Army (Iraq war vet), and I was discharged in December of 2005, Honorably.

I am looking to Join the Marine Corps, and start a new life as a true warrior. The Army National Guard was full of fat, old men looking forward to cushy retirement, I am still young and interested only in Action and Combat.

My interest in joining has run into two VERY LARGE speedbumps, and I need some help from my soon-to-be battle brothers in getting over them.

1. In this past Army life I was a Christian, and an administrator. After 10 or so months in the sandbox, I left as a real-life Conscientious Objector...yet still with an honorable discharge. I am no longer a Christian, and am ready to kill on command, but I have a re-enlistment code of "3".

2. I saw a Psychiatrist briefly at the V.A. about some personal issues, and he put me on some medication. I can now furnish a clean bill of health if need be.

I talked with a recruiter already, and he said I can only join with one waiver, not two. But frankly he seemed a bit inexperienced, and I am well-versed in Military paperwork enough to know that there is a way around anything for someone dedicated and motivated enough.

Points in my favor: I am in great physical condition, I was an E-4 when I left the Army, I have 3 Associates Degrees with 93 college credits.

I want to join to fight alongside the very best. Semper-Fi, Essayons.

Help.

artwallis@gmail.com

Could be kinda tricky. Before it was pretty easy to get waivers if you were motivated enough, but nowadays the Corps is being a lot more picky. Honestly, you being offered one waiver is more than I hear most poolees being offered. A lot are told that if they need any they're too much trouble.

Point 2 should be pretty easy to deal with, but point 1 may cause some problems. I don't know much about either, so I won't delve any deeper into that.

Just as a side note (probably doesn't matter too much to you, and you probably already know) but you'll only be able to start E-2 in the Marines even though you were an E-4.

Explain how being a Christian makes you a Conscientious Objector and not being a Christian turns on a kill on command button.

Also, fill in your profile before the profile police awake.

Quote Originally Posted by artwallis View Post
    Hello,

1. In this past Army life I was a Christian, and an administrator. After 10 or so months in the sandbox, I left as a real-life Conscientious Objector...yet still with an honorable discharge. I am no longer a Christian, and am ready to kill on command, but I have a re-enlistment code of "3".

2. I saw a Psychiatrist briefly at the V.A. about some personal issues, and he put me on some medication. I can now furnish a clean bill of health if need be.

Help.

artwallis@gmail.com
    1. Sounds to me like you still have some underlying emotional problems.
    2. Essayons is an Army moto.

One of the requirements to join the Marine Corps is that you are required to possess a full sea bag.

The Marine Corps doesnt need any one time Conscientious Objectors.

Maybe the Army will take you back..

Hello,

I am ex-Army (Iraq war vet), and I was discharged in December of 2005, Honorably.

I am looking to Join the Marine Corps, and start a new life as a true warrior. The Army National Guard was full of fat, old men looking forward to cushy retirement, I am still young and interested only in Action and Combat.

My interest in joining has run into two VERY LARGE speedbumps, and I need some help from my soon-to-be battle brothers in getting over them.

I talked with a recruiter already, and he said I can only join with one waiver, not two. But frankly he seemed a bit inexperienced, and I am well-versed in Military paperwork enough to know that there is a way around anything for someone dedicated and motivated enough.

Points in my favor: I am in great physical condition, I was an E-4 when I left the Army, I have 3 Associates Degrees with 93 college credits.

Help.

artwallis@gmail.com
    You are now ready to "kill on command?" Wow. You might be a few beer shy of a six pack. You are the person who decided to object to combat to begin with, so why would the Corps waste their time with a history like that when there are more qualified stable individuals trying to get in.....
    Term you put at the end of your post, "Essayons," is French for "Try." That might work for the army, but in the Corps we don't "try" we "Do."

Quote Originally Posted by artwallis
    I have a re-enlistment code of "3".
    Military Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Code
    United States Army

Individuals with an RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in the Army or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed.

RE-3 - Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor.../l/blcode3.htm

Oh yeah, and this is just my opinion, but you're not no Marine, so you don't rate saying Semper Fi!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    INELIGIBLE TO REENLIST WAIVERS NOT AUTHORIZED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED

NAVY & USCG RE-2, RE-3A, RE-3C, RE-4
    AIR FORCE RE-2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 2H, 2I, 2J, 2K, 2L, 2M, 2N, 2P, 2Q, 2R, 2S, 2T, 2U, 2V, 2W, 2X, 3S, 3V
    ARMY RE-3C, RE-4, RE-4A, RE-4R
    MARINE CORPS RE-2, RE-2B, RE-2C, RE-3A, RE-3C, RE-3S, RE-4, RE-4B

Shocking Hostility is a Marine trait that I have a lot of respect for. Keep up the good work.

Christians (or at least the kind that I was) don't like killing people when ordered. I don't really have a problem with that sort of thing anymore. Why would the Marines want me? Gee, the recruiters I talked to were actually VERY enthusiastic about bringing me on board (especially with all of those college credits). Two waivers wouldn't be a problem in 2002, but it is right now.

Anyhoo, I am looking for someone with an answer concerning a clean-bill-of-health and whether or not getting such a document might preclude me from one of the dreaded waivers.

Sorry about the "Fi" but I am loyal, even if I'm not sworn in yet.

This is 2010, and a lot has changed since 2002 to get in the Marine Corps with a waiver, even if you are prior service.
    There are many young men and women who don't need waivers of any kind that would be signed up before you, even if you are prior service and have all those college credits.
    As I previously posted, you're RE-3 code may keep you from getting a waiver approved. You're asking the Marines here to give you an answer to your question on getting a document...what type of document are you talking about? And we aren't doctors from MEPS, nor the ones who are going to decide whether or not to approve your waiver or not.

Maybe you should take a look at this site......maybe it might help answer your questions.

Military Medical Staqndards for Enlistment & COmmission
    Mental Health Conditions
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...a/neurotic.htm

Im all for you wanting to join, good luck, but who ****in cares if you have college credits. If you plan on being enlisted I dont see why it matters much except for your life outside the military.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Military Reenlistment Eligibility (RE) Code
    United States Army

Individuals with an RE Code of "3" can normally reenlist in the Army or another Service, but will probably require a waiver to be processed.

RE-3 - Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor.../l/blcode3.htm

Oh yeah, and this is just my opinion, but you're not no Marine, so you don't rate saying Semper Fi!
    You beat me to it, Semper Fidelis.

Shocking Hostility is a Marine trait that I have a lot of respect for. Keep up the good work.

Christians (or at least the kind that I was) don't like killing people when ordered. I don't really have a problem with that sort of thing anymore. Why would the Marines want me? Gee, the recruiters I talked to were actually VERY enthusiastic about bringing me on board (especially with all of those college credits). Two waivers wouldn't be a problem in 2002, but it is right now.

Anyhoo, I am looking for someone with an answer concerning a clean-bill-of-health and whether or not getting such a document might preclude me from one of the dreaded waivers.

Sorry about the "Fi" but I am loyal, even if I'm not sworn in yet.
    You haven't earned our title yet so play by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    You beat me to it, Semper Fidelis.
    Semper Fi!

Thread Information