Communications
Create Post

Thread: Communications

Question Communications

When I DEP'd in, my recruiter told me to give him 3 MOS fields. I chose 1300, 0300, and 0800. I scored extremely high on the electrical part of the ASVAB. When I was at MEPS I wound up signing a contract for Communications 0600. I don't know what happened, but i'm not really complaining as long as I have my ship date. I've done some research and there are so many MOS' in this field. I would like to know, when is my MOS assigned and is there anything I can do to "influence" getting the MOS of my choice? By influence of course I mean ASVAB, PFT, and test scores.

Negative. This will all be based upon the needs of the Marine Corps. I'm a 0621, Field Radio Operator, and in the Comm Shop, we work with 0612 (wiremen), and 0651 (data systems), we call those guy techs. We also work with 2844 radio repair techs.

Anyways, each field is unique to itself. I signed up with the Command and Control Electrician job field, which included the 0600 and 1100 MOS fields. Just take what the Marine Corps gives you and be excited to soon become part of the best fighting force out there.

Best of luck in boot camp. I'll be in Afghanistan while you're attending boot camp.

They're going to put you in whatever MOS they need you the most in. I think the only thing set in stone is if you do end up with a 0600 job, enjoy your stay in 29 Palms, CA haha.

What job were you hoping for in the 0600 field?

I was hoping to get one of the SATCOM operator jobs. But I don't really mind getting anything else. Yea my recruiter told me a lot of the Comm. schools were in 29 palms with a big grin on his face.

Hey Dizark I actually had my mind set on becoming an 0621 until I seen an interesting video on youtube. It was disturbing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTstck0wK4
    God Bless you Marine

Thread Information