enlisting with moral waiver+GED+15 college credits
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

enlisting with moral waiver+GED+15 college credits

Ok so I messed up a little as a teen. I dropped out of HS at the end of my junior year(personal reasons) and got my GED. I was all set to enlist but then my mom got in an accident and I had to care for her. Now policies have changed and my old recruiter got transferred and the new ones kind of a dick. He told me I needed 15 college credits and that the moral waiver wouldn't be a problem. I got my 15 credits last week. Called the recruiter a few days ago and he said I wasn't eligible and hung up on me. I scored an 82 on asvab when I took it in 2008. I've read stories online of guys enlisting with lower asvab scores and more serious criminal offenses. So my question is, Is the recruiter just being a dick or are they not allowing moral waivers anymore? oh and i don't know if it matters but I want to enlist in the Reserves, so I can finish my degree.

First of all, watch your tone there young man when talking about another Marine. I don't care if you like your recruiter or not. He is a Marine and will be respected as one!
    Second, do a search on the site for GED's...that's been talked about before. You'll find that your recruiter is telling you the truth about having 15 college credits with a GED.
    Third, what is the moral waiver for?

First off, I wasn't disrespecting him. Second I have every RIGHT to express my opinion about someone(THIS IS STILL AMERICA RIGHT?) It's in the constitution that you SWORE to defend, REMEMBER? I wasn't asking if he was lying about the 15 CC's, just about the waiver. The moral waiver is for conspiracy to commit embezzlement(juvenile misdemeanor).

Quote Originally Posted by vegasche13 View Post
    First off, I wasn't disrespecting him. Second I have every RIGHT to express my opinion about someone(THIS IS STILL AMERICA RIGHT?) It's in the constitution that you SWORE to defend, REMEMBER? I wasn't asking if he was lying about the 15 CC's, just about the waiver. The moral waiver is for conspiracy to commit embezzlement(juvenile misdemeanor).
    Young man, you stated your new recruiter is "kind of a dick." I'm here to tell you that is disrespectful. As far as your rights, you have no right to expect answers to your questions from Marines when you display such an attitude. As for you opinions, keep them to yourself since you opinions doesn't mean $hit to a Marine. You need to get your act together before you can ever think of becoming a Marine. You owe WMarine an apology. Continue your attitude and I will ask a moderator to rid this board of you.

You should familiarize yourself with the site rules.....
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

And to me, calling your recruiter a dick is disrespecting him.

United States Navy and Marine Corps
    Criminal History Disqualifications
    Felony Offenses

Regardless of state or local law, for enlistment purposes, the following offenses fall into the Category of Felony Offenses:
    • Aggravated assault; with dangerous weapon; assault intentionally inflicting great bodily harm; assault with intent to commit felony.
    • Assault and battery on law enforcement officer or child under 16 years of age.
    • Arson.
    • Attempt to commit felony.
    • Breaking and entering (all types).
    • Bribery.
    • Bigamy.
    • Burglary.
    • Carnal knowledge of child under 16.
    • Check, worthless, making or uttering, with intent to defraud or deceive ($501 or more)
    • Conspiring to commit felony.
    • Criminal libel.
    • Draft evasion.
    • Extortion.
    • Forgery; knowingly uttering or passing forged instrument (except for altered identification for purchase of alcoholic beverages).
    • Grand larceny; embezzlement (value $501 or more).
    • Housebreaking.
    • Illegal drugs (See special rules for drug offenses).
    • Impersonating a police officer, civil official, military officer.
    • Indecent acts or liberties with child under 16, molestation.
    • Indecent assault.
    • Kidnapping, abduction.
    • Leaving scene of accident (hit and run) involving personal injury and/or property damage is over $500.
    • Mail matter: abstracting, destroying, obstructing, opening, secreting, stealing, or taking.
    • Mail, depositing obscene or indecent matter.
    • Maiming; disfiguring.
    • Manslaughter.
    • Murder.
    • Obstructing justice.
    • Pandering.
    • Perjury.
    • Public record; altering, concealing, destroying, mutilating, obliterating, or removing.
    • Rape.
    • Riot
    • Robbery
    • Sedition; soliciting to commit sedition.
    • Sodomy.
    • Stolen property, knowingly receiving (value over $500).
    • Theft, shoplifting (value over $500).
    NOTE: Consider offenses of comparable seriousness as a felony. In doubtful cases, apply the following rule:
    If maximum confinement under state or local law exceeds 1-year, treat the offense as a felony.
    A "felony" will be defined as a conviction or adverse adjudication by civil authorities (foreign or domestic), or action taken which is tantamount to a finding of guilty of an offense for which the maximum penalty is death or confinement under state or local law exceeding one year, regardless of state or local laws.

An offense will be classified a "felony" without regard to the offender's age when the offense was committed, or whether the offense was disposed of by juvenile or adult criminal proceedings. An offense classified as a felony above, will be classified as a felony for enlistment, regardless of state or local law.

In rare instances an offense may be classified as a single incident felony if more than one felony results from a single incident. Generally, if the multiple incidents are not separated by space and time, they may be considered as a single incident for waiver purposes. In order to be considered, the multiple felonies must be related and must derive from a single incident. For example, a housebreaker who steals a stereo might be considered a single incident felony for 1) felony burglary and 2) felony theft.

A single felony requires a waiver. More than one felonies are disqualifying, and no waiver is authorized.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...lcriminal7.htm

Get my act together? I am very respectful and disciplined, I simply don't appreciate being talked down to. Again how is it that you took an OATH to defend our GREAT Constitution, then turn around and tell me to keep my opinion to myself(while I'm exercising my 1A rights), as if the Constitution is just some worthless piece of paper? All my life all I've wanted to do is be a MARINE and serve my country. But the more and more I speak to Marines it seems that a lot of you walk around with a sense of superiority, and that ONLY what you say or think matters. I have nothing but respect for Marines and would never show disrespect, unless disrespected first. As the old saying goes, "Give respect to get respect."

If you don't like the rules here, find another site to play on.

I'm glad you got rejected. Why the hell would I want some smartass young punk that thinks he's all hot **** in my Corps? Learn respect MF. Marines have already earned theirs. Better yet, give me your name and your recruiters number. I'll personally call him and tell him you so kindly refer to him as a dick. I'm sure he'll be delighted.

Here's a few more rules you may want to familiarize yourself with.........
    rule #8 is one of my personal favorites.

Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
    7. No crying, please. If you are posting here, you must want to be a Marine. If one of our answers hurts your feelings or you feel we are not treating you nicely, you may want to consider a different career. If you cannot handle things said to you on the internet, you will not survive in our Corps. Wal-mart is always accepting applications.

8. Expect respect until you disrespect. Marines follow a tradition of mentorship which is the reason why most of us answer questions here. If we perceive a bad attitude in your correspondence with us, you may become familiar with more of our traditions, hostility and belligerence. Don’t go away mad. Just go away. The site administrator will expedite your departure.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    I'm glad you got rejected. Why the hell would I want some smartass young punk that thinks he's all hot **** in my Corps? Learn respect MF. Marines have already earned theirs.
    Ok I don't think I'm hot $hit. I just don't understand your reasoning. Just because you've earned the title of Marine gives you the right to disrespect people and not be disrespected in return? I wasn't trying to be a smartass or an *******. Simply called my recruiter a dick because he hung up on me while I was talking. He even said, "Goodbye." And in turn I get attacked and called names by people who are much "better" and mature than me.

Talk to the recruiter in charge of your recruiter. If he shoots you down too look elsewhere for employment.

All this other crap...boring. *yawn

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Talk to the recruiter in charge of your recruiter. If he shoots you down too look elsewhere for employment.

All this other crap...boring. *yawn
    Thank you very much for giving me a clear cut answer. Would his CO be in the same office?

Thank you very much for giving me a clear cut answer. Would his CO be in the same office?
    His CO would be a bit high up the CoC. There's probably someone in his office, maybe a GySgt or MSgt that's in charge of him.

Before you talk to anyone else call your recruiter back and politely ask him if he can clarify the reason(s) you are unable to enlist.

Ok I don't think I'm hot $hit. I just don't understand your reasoning. Just because you've earned the title of Marine gives you the right to disrespect people and not be disrespected in return? I wasn't trying to be a smartass or an *******. Simply called my recruiter a dick because he hung up on me while I was talking. He even said, "Goodbye." And in turn I get attacked and called names by people who are much "better" and mature than me.
    Our title goes a long ways sunshine. So you called the recruiter a dick but you didn't say it to his face, maybe you should call a DI a dick and see what happens, Good Luck.

Geez, I wonder why he hung-up on you.... If I was your recruiter and you disrespected me just like you are doing on this forum, I would've hung-up on you too. You come on here calling your recruiter a dick and getting an attitude with the Marines on this site. Then you hide behind the 1st amendment acting like disrespect is a 'right' you are entitled too. Who earns those 'rights' that you hide behind? You think YOU earned them? Think again. You haven't earned sh!t. Any idea who has earned the those 1st amendment rights you speak of? Any guess? Marines. The same people you are disrespecting.

The Corps is cutting back on manpower, we have reached our 202k upgrade- now we are down-sizing. About a year ago, a GED + 15 credits may have got you in, but now it won't. Since the Corps is down-sizing, we are being more selective who we recruit, which means you have a lot more competition now than you did a year ago. If you don't have a diploma, too bad, you are not competitive enough for a contract.

But even if you did have a diploma, I wouldn't let you in. You come on here disrespecting Marines and acting like you EARNED something... well, you can look into the Army, because the Marines don't accept punks like you.

Thread Information