Marines face discharge for smoking legal substance - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    The order for drugs specifically states anything that is intended to get you high or produce a hallucigenic(spelling?) effect is prohibited. Spice is illegal to Marines and Sailors under this as spice does get you high.

Lol I was there and knew them, bunch of dumbasses

Marine Free Member AdirondackDog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Spice runs rampant here in Okinawa, everyone is getting caught with it. We even have a MT BN called Spice BN. Those fools get caught every week, haha.

Just read the initial post, and spice may be legal but where the side effects are like pot every place I have been from MCT to Pensacola to Little Rock it has been told specifically in our initial briefs to stay the **** away from it and the places that sold it or any thing related to it were off limits and punishable under the UCMJ. Marines should know better and perhaps do a little research on something before they indulge in it. Just the .02 out there but use your head and you won't get in trouble.

If you're told not to smoke it, don't smoke it. A little bit of CS goes a long way. We had a new Marine pop for meth from taking "Vector Pills" sold legally. You can smoke pole as a civilian and you can smoke spice, but try either one in the Corps and you're gonna get ****ed in the ass like you deserve. We don't have time for this petty ****, Marines gotta have their heads in the game and their muzzles downrange.

spice... interesting issue

So, what is happening to guys that are caught using Spice now, in late 2010? I am wondering if it is an "across the board" other than honorable discharge? Also, what does that really mean out in civilian life if you get an OTH? Does anyone know if all bases are treating this issue the same or do some Marines get caught and stay with a NJP and others kicked out or what?

Well in camp pendleton you get an OTH discharge if you are caught with it. It runs rampant there also.

man i went to mct with lawless. sucks that happened he wasn't a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    Well in camp pendleton you get an OTH discharge if you are caught with it. It runs rampant there also.
    Rains what happened to you last I knew you where a hard charging Poolee in Boot Camp. I see your out now what happened, shoot me a PM man.

Clark and a friend, Pfc. Dijon Lawless, both students at Camp Johnson’s Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, learned from another Marine private about “spice,” a legal blend of herbs that produces cannabinoid effects including increased relaxation, loss of coordination and mild hallucinations when smoked.

this would be in the class of not being fit for duty and maybe a danger to others and self

Quote Originally Posted by Assaultdog0351 View Post
    If you're told not to smoke it, don't smoke it. A little bit of CS goes a long way. We had a new Marine pop for meth from taking "Vector Pills" sold legally. You can smoke pole as a civilian and you can smoke spice, but try either one in the Corps and you're gonna get ****ed in the ass like you deserve. We don't have time for this petty ****, Marines gotta have their heads in the game and their muzzles downrange.

A Marine here at the facility was caught with spice, long story short, he had MP's at his base housing unit for domestic issues and told the MP's his wife smokes spice and it's in the house, he got charged with article 92 maxed out and isn't getting brig time or booted out. Lucky.

How long has no smoking in barracks been in effect?I recall cigarettes in the C-rats,and a carton of Luckys cost a buck while at sea.I haven't smoked for years,but if the regs say no smoking,then that's what you best adhere to.
    I don't like to see Marines getting in trouble for smoking anything.This isn't a perfect world and crap happens.I hope they dodge a BCD,as that would suck majorly.
    Semper Fi

The no smoking nazis have really, really, cracked down in the last 10 years or so. Nonetheless, this isn't regular tobacco they are smoking...it's a substance that has far less 'quality control' than weed and the effects are largely unknown. Thus, it's been outlawed pretty much everywhere, military wide.

Marines are gonna try and get buzzed no matter WHAT is outlawed, and if the Corps were smart, they would tell congress, "If you are old enough to get killed for your country, you are old enough to have a DAMVNED BEER". If they let the kids drink this, I firmly believe, would be far less of an issue.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    In the mid to late 60's, my Dad was the Post Commander of the local Legion Club. When he heard that guys from the neighborhood were shipping out he'd close the club down so only members were allowed.The guys that were headed to boot were invited in and the beer was on the house

His reasoning was that if you were old enough to serve and fight , you were old enough to have a beer . BTW, he did the same thing when they returned

The local cops knew all about it but most of then were WW2 or Korea vets and they simply looked the other way. Have times changed

Thread Information