I'm back - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

I am well aware of the fact that my son may not get a second chance. I'm not making excuses for him, he did have a medical condition that contributed to his discharge. His discharge papers show that it was much more than just a case of him missing his mommy. There were other issues that I am not willing to discuss here because they are very personal for him. I truly appreciate the helpful posts from those who are concerned and want to give advice and constructive criticism.

Will I find his "re-code" on his discharge papers?

I'm not trying to sound like a butt-wipe, Mom. But, you're are the one that said he "frauded."

I have two tours wearing the Hat and training recruits. Never once did I run into a "previous fraud" recruit.

Fraud is arguably the lamest way to be dropped from training. More importantly, your young man should have to pay-back the taxpayers for having lied on his entry application. THAT IS what he admitted to. Last I checked, between the Recruiting Force, the administration, and the processing at MCRD, that would be about $7500.00 per recruit.

Have him make the check payable to the "U.S. Treasury."

Yes, his "RE Code" will be on something in his discharge package. Look for a DD-214. The code can be looked-up on line.

Cut the apron strings, will ya' Mom?

As I said, I know that he has a rough road if he wants to try again. The head recruiter here said that he would work with him to make it happen if he wants to try. We will just have to wait and see and deal with it as it comes.

I will check his RE code on his discharge papers.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by duragliter View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like a butt-wipe, Mom. But, you're are the one that said he "frauded."

I have two tours wearing the Hat and training recruits. Never once did I run into a "previous fraud" recruit.

Fraud is arguably the lamest way to be dropped from training. More importantly, your young man should have to pay-back the taxpayers for having lied on his entry application. THAT IS what he admitted to. Last I checked, between the Recruiting Force, the administration, and the processing at MCRD, that would be about $7500.00 per recruit.

Have him make the check payable to the "U.S. Treasury."

Yes, his "RE Code" will be on something in his discharge package. Look for a DD-214. The code can be looked-up on line.

Cut the apron strings, will ya' Mom?
    You weren't looking hard enough GySgt, I had 2 former frauds in my Plt...both of them again BS'd around and got thrown out...but that's not my point...(one was a medical fraud...the other idiot wanted out so he admitted he used to do drugs...(piece of ****))

I also know a fraud (lied about a medical condition) who has been accepted to go back...It's a long process but it's very possible.

Oh and BTW, Marine Mom...it should be in box 27

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    MaMa tell that Son your the BOX all your tack's came out of including HIM

I don't want to belabor the point.

Thanks for your input, smith.

Last questions, Mom. Since you are checking his RE Code, just what is he checking? Who is trying to get back to recruit training? You, or him?

Maybe you should have gone in the first place...

I'm done.

Good luck.

Thanks Adrian. It's good to know that others did it and were successful. He obviously made a mistake and told them he had the issue before when he hadn't but I hope that if he chooses to try again that he will be able to. I will check box 27 on his discharge papers to see what it says.

Hehe, FistFu. I'll remember that the next time one of my kids looks at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I know, I know, I have to cut the strings. He is staying with his sister right now out of town helping her with his 3 month old niece and I have his papers here. (I think I'm making it worse). I guess my questions right now are more for me than for him. I need to let him worry about it when the time comes. It's so hard for me to do that. But I'm still going to check his RE code and ask you guys about it if that's ok...

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Where here to help Carol.
    Just a Part of what Marines do!!!

Rocky

Thanks Rocky. I came home for lunch and pulled his paperwork. His reentry code is RE-3F. I googled it and it looks like he needs a waiver to be eligible. I'm not sure what kind of waiver or what the process is. I'm going to try not to worry about it anymore until he makes a decision. Right now his mind is on college so that is what we will focus on.

As for my younger son, hopefully he can get his diploma in December and head out to boot camp soon after.

Credits
    Savings
    We should have all known it was a RE-3F because that's the fraud re-entry...Mom, can you look in box 26 and post his separation code?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LHMHMOM View Post
    Thanks Rocky. I came home for lunch and pulled his paperwork. His reentry code is RE-3F. I googled it and it looks like he needs a waiver to be eligible. I'm not sure what kind of waiver or what the process is. I'm going to try not to worry about it anymore until he makes a decision. Right now his mind is on college so that is what we will focus on.

As for my younger son, hopefully he can get his diploma in December and head out to boot camp soon after.
    I've been reading and responding to your posts for over a year now.
    Your a Good person and a Good Mom.
    One foot in front of the other and continue forward.
    Myself and other Marines will be here for you and your Sons

That means a lot Rocky. I appreciate knowing that I can come here and ask questions that I may not be in a position to ask a recruiter.

Box 26 separation code is JDAI

Credits
    Savings
    Eh nothing revealing there...Just another code to say fraud...honestly if he wants to go back...it'll be a bit of a mission, but overall it's FAR from impossible...as far as his paper is concerned...he could have been a moment of truth drop...they come back all the time...when their time is up that is...He should be fine, based on what I've seen (way too much time in RSP and MRP) and heard.

Thanks Adrian. We will wait and see what happens.

Thread Information