Dd214 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dd214

The reason it takes longer for Marines who aren't/weren't in MOL is because they have to HAND SEARCH to verify the claims, which often means going through unit histories, etc etc. Yes, I realize you submitted paperwork, but it STILL has to be verified. Sadly, that's the nature of the world we live in (thanks to the posers).

And, in dealing with these people, just remember, they are gummint civil servants. If you don't have success with the first time, then KEEP TRYING. Eventually it'll happen.

What, you thought the gummint was just going to make it easy on ya? Come on, now...WHEN has that ever happened?

Be persistent, and keep on trying. Phone calls are almost always a waste of time, as are fax's, about the only way to get it done is by filling out the proper forms, making copies for yourself, and sending them 'snail mail'. Return receipt requested.

Looking for anyone that was in 3rd fsr camp foster may-june 1972. So i can gather evidence for a claim i have . All you newbe marines if you go tad keep your records of where you went and what you did. The headquarters doesn't keep a record of it.you might need it some time in your life very important because when you do need it its not there and they will give you a hard time if you file a claim .oohrah !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VIPERMAN54 View Post
    Looking for anyone that was in 3rd fsr camp foster may-june 1972. So i can gather evidence for a claim i have . All you newbe marines if you go tad keep your records of where you went and what you did. The headquarters doesn't keep a record of it.you might need it some time in your life very important because when you do need it its not there and they will give you a hard time if you file a claim .oohrah !!!

Follow this link and it will help you greatly..
    F.Y.I. FOR ALL SERVICEMEN IF YOU WANT TO GET COPIES OF YOUR S.R.B. or other records try this link to obtaining them your records hope they will help in your quest to find your Platoon book.

www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/index.html

Thread Information