Guest Free Member
    @MLMonk

Damn. They trucked AZ

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

2010 NFL Playoffs - Jets @ Chargers - Shonn Greene 56 yard touchdown run

The Jets didn't even need to show up. The Bolts beat themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    @MLMonk

Damn. They trucked AZ
    Yeah, I hope they make it to the Superbowl. They need it. I just hope that I get done with the field soon enough to watch the game, lol.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @erased, All week long the media was saying that the Jets may as well not show up. The Chargers were supposed to blow the Jets out. The Jets wore them down with that Big O line.

That is how Shonn Greene broke their back in the 4th quarter with that run.

This is another week when we will hear how great Manning is this is what I have to say about that:

Peyton Manning is the greatest. The greatest regular season QB I ever saw.

But, he has his troubles this time of year. Even the year Indy won the SB his playoff QB rating was 70.5. He threw 3 TD's vs 7 pix in the playoffs (Google). The past two years he has been one and done -- losing both times to...wait for it...San Diego.

Remember -- Ty Law built a mansion picking this guy off. So, I wonder what Laws gifted protege from Western Pennsylvania is going to do to Manning?? Is Manning going to be as stubborn as Rivers and even throw Revis' way??

Anyway, Going back even further , when Peyton was at Tennessee they could never beat the Gators. Those Tennessee teams were loaded. The year after Peyton left they won it all. Ask Shaun Ellis (Jets DE 92). I think he played on the Tennessee championship team.

So for the next week all we're going to hear on ESPN and read on the web and in the papers is about the great Manning. Dont believe the hype.

I think the Chargers definitely could've put it to the Jets, but they choked... hard. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't watching a Pats game. I won't even discuss the kicker.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @erased

The Jets are the most physical team in the NFL on BOTH sides of the ball. The Chargers could not run and there was a lot of pressure on Rivers with the blitzes and the coverage in the secondary.

The Jets are built to stop the pass. They were not only the NO. 1 Defense in the NFL this season, they were also NO. 1 against the pass. So with the Chargers not being able to run, they played into the strength of the Jets. Plain and simple the Jets beat them.

Like I posted earlier, why were the high powered Chargers kicking field goals anyway? The Jets have been in Kaeding's head since the playoffs in 04/05 where the Jets won by the same score.

If you look at the Shonn Green TD run. you will see how physical the Jets are at the point of attack. D'Brick (60 on the O Line) pushes one Chargers defender from one hash mark to the other.

The TE (84) seals the back end with a good block. Most of the Chargers went to defend the right side but Shonn Green saw the huge hole between 60 and 84.

The safety for the Chargers was trucked and Shonn gets to imitate the finger roll by LT. Teams are still trying to stack the box against the Jets with 8 defenders (just like the Chargers did).

The problem is, once a runner gets to the second level, there is no one to make a tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAmgy4Upsq0

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erased View Post
    I think the Chargers definitely could've put it to the Jets, but they choked... hard. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't watching a Pats game. I won't even discuss the kicker.
    New England .
    Can't wait till next year!!!

If I had a wife like Gisele Bundchen, I'd want to get home really quick too

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @erased

By the way, Isiah Thomas says that he is available to coach the Chargers...Just keep the ladies off of any staff positions

Thread Information