Seen "Hurt Locker"?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brian0351 View Post
    As for Hurt Locker...it hurts my soul that the movie is everyones 2009 best movie pick! I work with EOD and they say it has the same credibility as Top Gun did for fighter pilots!

I Was A Combat Engineer and EOD from 79-89 and I totally agree!

First off props need to be given to the entire EOD community. that being said, I thought the movie was good, but only in the way that rambo is good (i.e. badass but completely unrealistic).
    The parts that were a little far out by any standards (SPOILERS):
    *sneaking off the base with nothing but a hoody and a 9 mil, then coming back on & getting past the front gate by telling them where some ***** houses are
    *clearing out a part of town w/ only 3 dudes, despite having an entire grunt company behind them (each guy goes down a particular alley alone, one gets captured, shot, then saved... & the team leader still keeps his billet)
    *getting plastered with your junior enlisted (even if it is the Army, i doubt a E-6 is gonna get smashed with his E3)
    *my favorite: Army EOD saving Brit SAS's ass by taking a sniper rifle thats not BZO'd to them then merc'ing a insurgent who is in a dead sprint from like 1000+meters off. im going to go out on a limb & say the SAS are not gonna turn pansy when bullets fly, then let the Army EOD save the day.

the best part of the movie was when he got home from Iraq & was grocery shopping. im sure most of us who came home can relate in one way or another to how he felt.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ....GENTLEMEN....It's a FOOKIN' movie....HELLO!!
    Any of you young SQUIRTS ever watched ANY movies made in the 40's, or 50's????
    Want to pick on authenticity of a MOVIE???? WTF???? If you want REAL accuracy, watch a FOOKIN' DOCUMENTARY!!!!
    STOP PICKING ON HOLLYWOOD AND THE "FANTASY" WORLD!!!!.....DUH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Good evening everyone! I just finished watching this movie, for the second time. Don't know how accurate the details were, but......getting up at 0-dark-thirty and playing war for the day, then going back to FRESH water showers with HOT water and soap, tip back a fifth of JACK, and sleeping on a cot....with A/C.....
    Really NOT sure what to make of it all. What do YOU think?????.......

i was just responding to the question YOU asked
    Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

I've seen it myself and it was a very good movie however, it is based on actual accounts Mark Boal a Journalist embedded in a EOD unit in Iraq in 2004 is based on watch he saw, and what the unit went through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hurt_Locker

A movie is a movie. So be it.

haha i loved it and the snatch is coming in like waves!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Vietnam Veteran and Dam Proud Of It

Have not seen the Movie but watched the Academy Awards when the Director said this was for all the Brave Men and Women that were fighting for our Country And Praised them.Hell when is the Last time in Hollyweird has that happened? Made Me feel very Proud of being an American and a Veteran!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Good evening everyone! I just finished watching this movie, for the second time. Don't know how accurate the details were, but......getting up at 0-dark-thirty and playing war for the day, then going back to FRESH water showers with HOT water and soap, tip back a fifth of JACK, and sleeping on a cot....with A/C.....
    Really NOT sure what to make of it all. What do YOU think?????.......
    Pretty accurate for Iraq Doc, when I went there my section of Marines we did 12 hr combat patrols mounted cause we were a CAATeam but the day lasted prolly 18 hrs w/ all the humvee maintance we had to do each day after patrol. Yeah we had showers and portajohns and lived in simi truck containers with a ac unit that worked some time w/ beds. The other half of our 7 month deployment we lived in tents but still had showers. All the water was sun heated so it wasn't really hot. Never got to drink but people did. Nothing like nam most we spent out in away from the fob was 2 weeks, normally it was just the days work with rotating patrols so the AO was never uncovered. But we always went on counter ied missions that lasted 3-5 days, but nothing like humping threw the bush for a month. Semper FI!

Thread Information