Haiti Quake: 1000's feared dead - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The World hates the USA.but Who do they always call too Rescue their Azzez at Times such as These?

That is incredable. That is over 10% of the popultation.

God have mercy!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Toll-free number for Americans seeking information about kin: 1-888-407-4747

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Want to help victims of the earthquake in Haiti? Here's a list of organizations accepting donations:

InterAction, a coalition of U.S.-based international non-governmental organizations, has a list of agencies responding and how to donate to them. Find it here: www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti

_ To donate $10 to the American Red Cross, text Haiti to 90999. The amount will be added to your next phone bill. The organization is also accepting donations through its International Response Fund, www.redcross.org

_ To donate $5 to Wyclef Jean's Haitian Yele charity, text 501501. The money will be added to your next phone bill.

_ To find out how to help the International Rescue Committee, visit www.theIRC.org or call toll free, 1-877-REFUGEE.

_ To donate through Oxfam's emergency appeal, visit www.oxfam.org.uk
    Thanks for posting that Rocky!!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    Thanks for posting that Rocky!!!
    Thanks for Starting the Thread Ken.
    We have 48 Rhode Islanders missing in Haiti and most are students and Aid workers.

For a small state like us it effects the whole community.

Semper Fi Brother,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Thanks for Starting the Thread Ken.
    We have 48 Rhode Islanders missing in Haiti and most are students and Aid workers.

For a small state like us it effects the whole community.

Semper Fi Brother,
    Rocky
    Sorry to hear that Rocky, I hope you get some good word.

Here's another organization that is taking donations:

Catholic Relief Services http://crs.org/

We were told today by our XO that the Marine Corps is working quickly to get a MEU together. We have been ordered to get military passports ASAP. We might e going. Also my wife's work has called her and asked if she wants to go because she is an EMT. She would be going with feema.

Prayers are outbound!

Quote Originally Posted by NCOPOWER View Post
    We were told today by our XO that the Marine Corps is working quickly to get a MEU together. We have been ordered to get military passports ASAP. We might e going. Also my wife's work has called her and asked if she wants to go because she is an EMT. She would be going with feema.

Prayers are outbound!
    I don't think FEMA does ork outside of the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post

Thats the info that I got from her boss. But she can't go so oh well. We found out shes pregnant.

They probably usually don't... but given the severity of the situation and the amount of Americans that seem to want to help, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they might donate their expertise and equipment.

Last edited by Hotel4341; 01-14-10 at 09:08 AM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by NCOPOWER View Post
    Thats the info that I got from her boss. But she can't go so oh well. We found out shes pregnant.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel4341 View Post
    They probably usually don't... but given the severity of the situation and the amount of Americans that seem to want to help, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they might donate their expertise and equipment.
    That must be sarcasm.

That must be sarcasm.
    The little they have could save thousands of lives, not to mention provide valuable real world training so if something like this occurs in the US they are more prepared. No, it was not sarcasm.

Been following the news and the situation in Haiti is absolutely heartwrenching. Supplies have not reached anyone yet, dead bodies line the streets, they are lacking both food and water, families torn apart and not knowing where loved ones are. Very difficult to watch.

ameriken,

Imbeen folowing it too. Airport and airstrip all broken up, no fuel for the planes or machinery. it is a catistropic mess. God have mercy on them. Gid help the Marines who are going there to help. 2000 left today from Lejune.

Thread Information