Resolution to rename the Department of the Navy - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    Scratch that, I ment to say General Conway is a Idiot not General Jones. Sorry Guys

Based on ??????? Please, I feel the need to be entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG0369 View Post
    Based on ??????? Please, I feel the need to be entertained.
    I don't feel the need to be entertained its just one mans opinion. Yes I think he is a great Marine, however I feel his policies on tattoos are retarted ie I think he is an idiot. Thats the main reason.

LOL, nice tangent, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I don't feel the need to be entertained its just one mans opinion. Yes I think he is a great Marine, however I feel his policies on tattoos are retarted ie I think he is an idiot. Thats the main reason.
    Well that sums it up, you really shouldnt say more. You have said quite enough.

Now if you want the truth, his right hand man is running the tattoo policy. Now you may ask how i know? He was my Regimental SgtMaj when I was a DI. And he convinced the CG to start with all of the tattoo screening, and more stringent proceedures regarding screening for DIs and Recruiters. This bled across to the WRR, which starting making a big deal for poolees. Hence anytime the CMC is asked at a town hall forum he lets the Sgt Maj answer the question.

So if backing the SgtMaj of the Corps is proves you to be an idiot, then I guess he is.

And for edification I have over 13 tattoos, so i am less than thrilled about the policy. But I have been around long enough to know that the only constant in the Corps is change.

He is the best CMC I have had in the almost 14 years I have been in the Corps.

We don't need to be further associated with those squids and if they did do that, it should be the Marine Corps first, not the Navy.

I much prefer 'Dept. of the U.S. Marine Corps'.

That wouldn't make much sense Sgt since the Navy is almost a whole month older than the Corps. But I don't see why the Corps was named as a "department" of the Navy in the first place and why this issued wasn't resolved a long time ago since the Corps' mission is completely different than the Navy's. Sure theres still Marines on Navy ships and Navy Corpsmen still deploy with Marine units but so ****ing what? The ties that bind the two services have thinned since the days of ships with wooden hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    That wouldn't make much sense Sgt since the Navy is almost a whole month older than the Corps. But I don't see why the Corps was named as a "department" of the Navy in the first place and why this issued wasn't resolved a long time ago since the Corps' mission is completely different than the Navy's. Sure theres still Marines on Navy ships and Navy Corpsmen still deploy with Marine units but so ****ing what? The ties that bind the two services have thinned since the days of ships with wooden hulls.
    Alphabetically speaking, M before N right?

Anyway, I still believe the Corps should have 'Dept. of the U.S. Marine Corps'

We should have our own, separate department and interservice transfer corpsmen to the Department of the Marine Corps.

Pardon me, what I should have said is that Chronologically it wouldn't make sense to put the Corps first but yes, alphabetically it would. Still my point is I don't know why this wasn't changed a long time ago.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    Pardon me, what I should have said is that Chronologically it wouldn't make sense to put the Corps first but yes, alphabetically it would. Still my point is I don't know why this wasn't changed a long time ago.
    It is set to keep us humble,,,, Is it working?

I've never met a more humble group of folks Sparkie lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    At one time the Air Force was a part of the Army. They still have AAFEs

A 'humble Marine' is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDog0801 View Post
    A 'humble Marine' is an oxymoron.
    Always thought "celibate Marine" was an oxymoron... or a myth

I've always said the Marine Corps should be on it's own. Corpsman fall pretty close into this topic as well, I've never met a Corpsman that wasn't as much of a Marine as the rest of us, except for those "blue side" fellas. I'm sure there's still plenty of Docs that wouldn't want to be 100% Marine Corps, they like to keep the seperation from the "******* Gunny's and butter bars".

One of my favorite stories involved a good buddy of mine that was a outstanding Doc, spending his days at the gym often in green on green and of course sporting a mega-low reg. A Gunny in boots and uts came up to him and started harassing him about his hair cut, throwing his arms up in the air and freaking out over Doc's "freakin out of control hair cut" and he wanted to know who is SSgt was. Doc let him run his mouth for at least 5 minutes and ended it with one sentance, "I'm a Corpsman, MAN" and walked away. Oh yes, I died laghing as the Gunny just ate the crow and pouted while saying "well you better be a Corpsman with a out of control hair cut like that, ****ing peice of ****".

Thread Information