Checks
Create Post

Thread: Checks

Checks

I've been trying to find out an answer to this but haven't come up across anything solid.

I'd like to know if my wife and I need to order new checks with our new address of our home on the Marine Corps Base? If so, when she presents ID, it'll obviously be an out of state ID... how does this work?

or..

Can we continue to use our old checks with our old home address?

Semper Fi Marines!

As long as the names match up and her face looks like the one on the card, no one should give you grief.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Most local companies want a check that has the current information on it....some allow you to line out the old and hand write in the new.

While using a debit card to purchase anything or pay a bill I was never ID'ed.

However using a credit card I have been.

And if you do have a credit card...some places make you put your zip code in to make a purchase so you may want to make sure that information is current also.

If you have a MFCU or NFCU account you can probally use those checks with no problem.

Its been years since I have been in KBAY and don't know the names of the banks that service the base or the island...but if it the same branch that you have from your hometown there should also be no problem.

When I moved out of state I paid all my bills with my NC MFCU account...kept it open and then opened an account at a local bank with current address on the checks to pay all my monthly expenses and to keep from paying the fee for ATM cash withdrawal.

However to simplify the whole matter open up a checking account and order new checks with your current information on them.

If you are using an ATM card some banks charge a fee to get out the funds....and they are trying to overrule this but your bank may add on fees also.

Did you have your vehicle shipped from the mainland to HI?

If so you should be able to use that license as long as it is current.

With the current state of affairs in Homeland Security you may need to get a HI driving license especially if you try to purchase a vehicle on the island.

In my opine it is better to switch over everything so there will be no hassles for your wife if you are deployed.

Good luck!

I had my vehicle shipped and am allowed to have my PA plates on the vehicle so long as I keep the PA registration current. I also bought a car here on island, and had no problem with my drivers license being military. I just thought I was expected to buy new checks since I have a new address, but then thought to myself about having my drivers license from PA with my old address on it.

The only time we use checks is when a company who hasn't met the times with technology only accepts cash or check, such as the Satellite City Hall here in HI (DMV) or to mail a payment in if it's not accepted online.

Thread Information