Just when I thought I stopped loving the Marine Corps...
Create Post

Just when I thought I stopped loving the Marine Corps...

Couldn't have asked for a better XMAS present. Checked my LES today, turns out the 30 days I was home between here and school was charged as PCS/TAD instead of Annual Leave. But they're taking back part of the travel allowance. But I don't care, cause now I have 30 more days of leave to play with, which is awesome.

Just thought I'd share my holidays joy.

Enjoy it while you can, the green weenie is sure to be back with a vengence

Well they're already going to be taking 180 out of the next 5 paychecks to take back the travel advance they gave me. Which I have to find out why they are to begin with.

Don't be so sure yet. I went a year without getting charged my "boot" leave, then suddenly one day I was 9 days short. I'm pretty sure that by mentioning this they'll double check and make sure to take that tenth day as well.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Well they're already going to be taking 180 out of the next 5 paychecks to take back the travel advance they gave me. Which I have to find out why they are to begin with.
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90567

Advice...Save the difference until you check into your duty station and check into disbursing.

If there is a mistake made and it is not in your favor the government will get the money back ASAP and it may leave you with a reduction or NPD.
    Marine Corps disbursing is like the IRS....they will eventually catch up to you and get the money upfront and off the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90567

Marine Corps disbursing is like the IRS....they will eventually catch up to you and get the money upfront and off the top.
    This is different than getting overpaid. They gave me that money for travel expenses to travel to my permanent duty station. I gotta go sort out IPAC tomorrow.

Thread Information