Rifle UNK meritoriously promoted to Pfc. ! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Read My Thread Here and this should clarify Rifle Qual and Graduation.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=92105

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

We've had a few guys dropped back into my platoon and they failed the range again, and got dropped back, again. This was in mid-08'..And my platoon was full of waivers, like, drugs, and ASVAB..

Quote Originally Posted by sgthebert View Post
    hate to say it this way....however back in my day '74 he would have been set back and not allowed to graduate until he qualified!
    I was there in 74 too, he would have been sent back.

LOL. EVERY Marine says "It wasn't like this in Rangoon" or whatever.

True story:

First Marine is enlisted at Tun Tavern on 10 November 1775. He's sent to a ship for Recruit Training, as was typical in those days, despite the fact that there are almost no officers and no Sergeants.

Next day, 10 new Marine Recruits show up, all wearing uniforms and carrying weapons.

He looks at them, shakes his head, and says:

"IT WASN'T LIKE THIS IN THE OLD CORPS!"

We had a Marine in my platoon in 1982 who was Meritorously promoted to PFC because, as our Senior said, "It's the only rank he's ever gonna wear and if we don't do it now, he'll never even get that".

By god, he was right. In four years, he made Lance for about six months, the rest of the time, he was a Private or PFC for fighting, drinking, insubordination, etc etc. I think he EAS'd as a PFC, too.

So there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by echo3oscar1833 View Post
    I agree with your point that Boot Camp is softer than what it was in your day Gunny. However on that note, I think the Marines that are comming out of Boot Camp, are just as good as in the past. Its evident in the wars in Iraq, and Afghanistan. We may not do it like the Old Corps, but we accomplish the mission that we are tasked to complete. Just a different time Gunny, nothing more nothing less.
    I didn't say that Marines are not doing the job today. I said that Boot Camp is much softer than it was when I was on the field. I am sure that Boot Camp is getting softer each and every day and the Drill Instructors are walking on eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    I didn't say that Marines are not doing the job today. I said that Boot Camp is much softer than it was when I was on the field. I am sure that Boot Camp is getting softer each and every day and the Drill Instructors are walking on eggs.
    Its all good Gunny, I know thats not what you ment, I was just stating a point. Semper!!

Thread Information