Supplements
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplements

Supplements

Would it be alright if I take something like N.O-Xplode or
    Force FactorŽ Nitric Oxide Booster from GNC to help get in shape for boot camp quicker or would that be a bad idea?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A whole lot of folks did it without for a lot of years, but if you believe in that stuff, go for it.
    Just don't start smellin like cod liver oil. LOL.

Try using the search bar on suppliments. This topic has been talked about before.
    And in my opinion, it's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeX View Post
    N.O-Xplode or
    Force FactorŽ Nitric Oxide Booster from GNC to help get in shape for boot camp quicker
    That stuff don't get a body in shape, hard work and real food does and it never happens quickly. It just doesn't

N.O products suck, never took one that ever did anything. If I were you just get in shape with any supps so you know gains are for real and not temporary bc you will no have them in boot obviously.

I agree, NO Xplode is overpriced and sucks. Actually, everything from GNC is overpriced, Vitamin Shop is much more reasonable. That being said, if you haven't been taking supplements are part of your workout, you shouldn't start because you probably don't have a strenuous enough regimen to require them. Creatine, Taurine, and those types of performance enhancing supplements are pretty alright, I've used them from time to time, but really all you need to do is ensure you are having enough protein intake to repair micro tears in the muscles caused be strenuous anaerobic exercise. This can be accomplished with regular food just fine, but the right protein and Amino Acids can help Performance enhancers are a bad idea as your body will get used to them and it will be like a withdrawal not having the supplements provide you with motivation, vice a self-generated motivation. Plus MOS schools, and any major military school, doesn't allow supplements. My advice, wait until FMF...then do independent self research and ask gym rats in your platoon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wouldn't do it. We had a guy in Boot who did all that before he got there, and without that little boost he had trouble keeping up on the runs.

Well I guess that options out. Thanks for the answers Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeX View Post
    Well I guess that options out. Thanks for the answers Marines.
    Good choice...the Corps has been making Marines for over 230 years with good ole Marine Corps chow. No supplements needed.

Do any Marines have any tips to improve run time?(IST run is 17:25)

How to improve your run time has been covered many times before. Use the search bar and check in the poolee forum.

I endorse my fellow brothers and sister you dont need it its all psychological. To me its all plasebol . THE CHOW HAS ALL THE SUPPLEMENTS YOU NEED. so GOOD LUCK AND SEMPER FI

I believe in better bodies through science...but be careful...that stuff dehydrates the body..and the way that kids suck down those stupid "Monster/Rock Star/Red Bull" things...you'll keel over with a heart attack...

Quote Originally Posted by chili77bowl View Post
    I believe in better bodies through science...but be careful...that stuff dehydrates the body..and the way that kids suck down those stupid "Monster/Rock Star/Red Bull" things...you'll keel over with a heart attack...
    To add too this, remember that everything you put in your body has to go through your liver...energy drinks are NOT the way to go b/c 99% of them have a lot of sugar, which turns into fat...plus they dehydrate as mentioned above and are bad for your kidneys. I have a friend who swears that fish oil tabs gives him a lot of energy.

I wouldn't take any energy boosters, or protein shakes, etc. however I WOULD recommend taking calcium supplements before bootcamp. Especially if you're not an athlete, they could help strengthen your bones before you leave. I developed a stress fracture in my foot before I left, and starting taking them.

Boot will beat your body up, especially your feet. Just don't over-do it, take only the prescribed amount.

Thread Information