Where in the hell do you find a decent batt. powered razor?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where in the hell do you find a decent batt. powered razor?

Hey all,

I'm going to Afghanistan, and I know I won't have many chances if at ALL to charge a electric razor. So, naturally I have been looking for weeks for a decent, semi-durable battery powered razor. No luck...

You guys have any advice?

Even walmart only had cheaaaapo ones.

-Bert

Hate those sons of *****es. Unfortunatley......it looks as mr. two blade disposable and I are about to be come good friends.

get the one with 3 blades work alot better

Just bring 3 weeks worth of batteries. You could probably get 2 twelve packs of AA batteries for under 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Exactly, Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    get the one with 3 blades work alot better
    It isn't the batteries I'm worried about; I have TONS of those. I'm don't want to buy some 10 dollar razor not meant to last more than 3 months outside of a warzone.

F*ck it. I'm just gonna have an irritated face. I've done it for almost 2 years, I'll live.

-Bert

Try rubbing Williams Lectric Shave on your face before putting on the shaving cream. It will seriously reduce irritation and razor burn. Helps to get a closer shave too.

Thanks Mr. Shoucair. That shti works with regular disposable razors? I don't give a **** if it looks good, I just want to bzzzzzzzz done in 2 mins shave my face instead of cream up and all that shti.

-Bert

Credits
    Savings
    Images

mix and match Straight razor and electric

It's not what you asked for but seems like a no brainer for field going Marines.
    I use a straight razor, because the two and three blade thing give me razor burn and ingrown hairs. It took me 45 minutes at first but now only a couple. Still need soap and water but with a little ultra fine stone and strop I have used the same one for over 7 years now. It is actually closer and I can go two days with it. Which was unheard of for me before with the classic.

Disclaimer I do use an electric one about half the time which really plays havic on my skin but time is worth more than money
    eh?
    One note of caution is that the electric I have wont keep a charge as designed and I have to plug it in about 20 seconds before it will operate, and then keep it plugged in for the duration. Then I have to wash out the whole head which gets full of hairs and skin flecks. So still requires water.
    Also if miss If I miss a day it gets bogged down with whiskers, and I have to pull out the steel.

Last edited by sdk87to91; 12-18-09 at 02:59 PM. Reason: more to add

Tell you what man, check around the internet, there are these nice NEW things that you can buy that are rechargable battery matts. You lay everything on the matt and it charges it up for you. There's also portable solar power docking stations, friend of mine brought one with him and it was really cool. Small little thing that you pop open like a mini satcom antenna and it pulls in energy and you can hook right up to it as if it was a wall jack.

I brought the old Mach3 with me just incase but I tried to use the electric razor as much as possible, shaving sucks out in the field after the first 2 months pass. Best tool I ever brought was a mini power inverter with multiplug, was the size of a large A/C power plug.

I still use a rechargeable Norelco Triple Head electric razor I bought in 1995...have to recharge is about every two weeks or so.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    I still use a rechargeable Norelco Triple Head electric razor I bought in 1995...have to recharge is about every two weeks or so.
    That's the one I used for many years with no problems.

I use a Braun Contour 5700 series. Battery lasts several shaves.

Thread Information