Marine Corps Buddy Program?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member ChaseB2010's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Marine Corps Buddy Program?

Me and a friend of mine are signed up to do the buddy program throughout bootcamp. I don't really want to do it. I think it will make me look like a ****** to everyone else. Is this true? What do you think of the buddy program? Is it better to have a friend with you through bootcamp or should I just nut it out and go alone like I wanted to?

Last edited by thedrifter; 12-20-09 at 05:58 AM. Reason: OVERRIDING CENSOR

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseB2010 View Post
    Me and a friend of mine are signed up to do the buddy program throughout bootcamp. I don't really want to do it. I think it will make me look like a b!itch to everyone else. Is this true? What do you think of the buddy program? Is it better to have a friend with you through bootcamp or should I just nut it out and go alone like I wanted to?
    I went in on the buddy program and it was a blast. Yeah, they'll single you out, but it'll make you stronger.

I went on the buddy program too and nobody even knew we were friends until we told them. You'll be fine...

We had 2 kids who were brothers though and they got a ton of **** hahaha

I went in on the buddy program. I wasnt even in the same PLT and I was never stationed with my buddy.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones View Post
    I went in on the buddy program. I wasnt even in the same PLT and I was never stationed with my buddy.
    That happened to two of my friends and they were too afraid to speak up when the DI asked if there was anybody in the buddy program who got seperated. So I guess you have to make it aware to the DI but then you will get yelled at, IT'd, made fun of and I'm sure tons of other fun stuff.

They didnt even ask. We were split up as soon as we got off the bus.

Credits
    Savings
    Hmm. I don't really care if we get split up or not. I'm telling my recruiter tomorrow to mess with my date so if someone in front of me in the dep falls out of line I get to ship off early.

Worst case they could make you sleep together.

If you get seperated the DI will be your buddy.

And as long as you don't suck, you won't be singled out for being in the buddy program, too many ****birds to worry about.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If you two are not biotchs now....just go with the flow.....that's a lame excuse for not wanting to go.

Quote Originally Posted by animal mother View Post
    I went on the buddy program too and nobody even knew we were friends until we told them. You'll be fine...
    Yup, same thing for me

I went in on the buddy program. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. Advantage with it is that you have someone you know who you can talk to when time permits in the beginning. Disadvantage... when one screws up you both pay. Overall though, I think it is a good program.

Evidently your friend isn't really a friend and more of just someone you know or you would never second guess this issue. Why not just come out and tell him that you don't want to do the buddy program. If you can't be honest with someone you already know before going to bootcamp then you will probably be two faced throughout the rest of your life. Thats just the way I see it.

Imagine that. I'd hate to be the kid who complained -- but, where's my buddy....

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    but, where's my buddy....
    I'm not going to the pitt without my buddy!!!

Like everyone else said, buddy program isn't really a big thing. Unless you both signed up for the same MOS then chances are you won't even be in the same place anyways. You may end up in the same boot camp platoon but that'd probably be as far as it goes. After boot camp you become another name on the roster for where ever you are going,

Last name, Initials, Rank, Last 4

There's no buddy program column

I agree with you Gunny...... Not fond of people that like to f--- over others....

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    I went in on the buddy program. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. Advantage with it is that you have someone you know who you can talk to when time permits in the beginning. Disadvantage... when one screws up you both pay. Overall though, I think it is a good program.

Evidently your friend isn't really a friend and more of just someone you know or you would never second guess this issue. Why not just come out and tell him that you don't want to do the buddy program. If you can't be honest with someone you already know before going to bootcamp then you will probably be two faced throughout the rest of your life. Thats just the way I see it.

Thread Information