Showers
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showers

Showers

Hi, Marines! I was just wondering if, in boot camp, you are allowed to take showers in your hour of free time. I know you get very little time to take a regular shower, so taking another one would be nice. Thanks, Marines!

I don't think you need to worry about this right now and I'm sure the question has been answered before. However I feel generous...
    During your time there in most of first phase you will take a shower in the small window of time given and will not be allowed another. However on t 26 I believe it is your shower time will be eliminated and you must take one on square away time. However if your platoon does something dumb the drill instructors will be more than happy to do it the ole fashioned way.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    like Moss said, during your first few weeks/first phaze you will be showering, shaving, ****ing, etc. by the numbers and being counted down. After that you will/should be allowed more time and/or allowed to do it on your free time. Just don't get your Senior upset by doing something dumb and getting it taken away. Cindarella showers are the best!

Hmm, when I went to boot, both the companies I was with had normal shower time but the time frame grew longer as the days went on. In my second company, we would shower before free time, do some other stuff, then go on free time. I remember a kid taking a shower during his free time right near the beginning of Phase 3 and got in trouble for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The worst part (at least when I went through) is you took your shower in the evening, but sometimes the Drill Instructors turned the platoon into sugar cookies early the next morning. You stayed that way all day. However, it is those times when you will be glad you have no hair on your melon.

We showered and shaved by the numbers first three days, then DIs left us alone to do it on free time.

It depends on your DI's and how scuzzy you are.

Credits
    Savings
    Trust me on this
    You will be told what to do when and for how long

We were on the numbers until t17. Right after initial drill you can actually shower on your own.

We showered by the numbers every day until graduation. I think once or twice the SDI let us shower during our free time, but that was it. It all depends on your Drill Instructors.

Of all the thousands of questions that could be asked about getting through Boot Camp and making the best of the Corps, I cant believe there are actually threads about showers.

Are you freaking serious? I just graduated in May, and we NEVER were allowed to shower during free time, and MOST of the cycle we were being counted down...just must be 3rd Bn or my DI's...I do talk to one of my DI's on facebook every once and a while and he did say we've had it the worst he's ever seen...(our platoon was actually pretty good too though).

Oh well! Anyway, stop worrying about it, you'll know everything you need to know when you get there!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Marine Corps always has been GREEN....H2O conservation.

Prepares you for the DUCK showers of DUCKING in and DUCKING out....onboard a naval ship.

Don't worry there won't be anyone there who wants to smell you.

Oh wait, I thought this was a forum asking for shower partners. Never mind then. I got all excited for a second...

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    Oh wait, I thought this was a forum asking for shower partners. Never mind then. I got all excited for a second...
    lol..Don't ask don't tell right?

When I went through we never once had showers during free time. It was more like "port side you got 15 minutes to be online" just about the whole cycle. Only 1 time our senior gave us 45mins to shower, and our guide thought it would be smart to rush us through for 10mins, but then the SDI called him an idiot and told him he gave us 45mins for a reason.

Thread Information