Chevron Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chevron Question

Greetings Marines,

At the moment I am home for the holidays on recruiters assistance from 29 Palms. While in the office one of my recruiters asked me if I was wearing female chevrons. (I was wearing Dress Blue Delta's) Shocked, I glanced down at my chevrons and did notice that they looked a little small. Knowing that I would never be stupid enough to get female chevrons, I decided to pull out the ruler and measure the width of my recruiters chevrons and my chevrons to compare. Although my chevrons were definitely not female chevrons (70% the size of male chevrons), they were about 1/8" to 3/16" shorter when it came to the width of the insignia and also about a little shorter when it came to the width of the crossed rifles. Not a huge difference but it is a noticeable difference if you look up close.

So my question is,

What is the exact width the insignia on the chevrons should be?

and also, could the reason why they are different be that they are counterfeit chevrons?

Also please note that I bought these on base (cash sales) at 29 Palms.

Thanks Marines.

My guess is you are wearing female chevrons. It happens......

We actually compared them side by side with female chevrons and they are obviously bigger. I remember being at cash sales and buying the chevrons and thinking "don't be the one who is wearing female chevrons". Its just they are slightly smaller than what normal male chevrons should be.

The only thing that bothers me is that they could be "counterfeit". But counterfeit chevrons at a store on base?

I doubt they are counterfeit. Cash sales usually buys from a very limited number of suppliers, and counterfeiting chevrons is probably not very lucrative racket. The reason I say they are female chevrons is the fact they are smaller. Females have several different uniforms, as males do. Therefore, they have several different sizes and styles of chevrons. If they are smaller, there is a 9 out of 10 chance they are for a WM. Don't sweat it. Just get new ones and you will be GTG.

Those ae the don't ask don't tell chevrons!! LOL

They were Senior Lance Corporal Female Cheverons. Slightly bigger than Boot Lance Corporal Female Cheverons but slightly smaller than Male Lance Corporal Cheverons. J/K.

I have no Idea.

One of these Marines is not like the other...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    They were Senior Lance Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    One of these Marines is not like the other...
    lol

What are the measurements? I just measured mine, and they are not quite 4" long and wide.

Quote Originally Posted by artypig View Post
    Those ae the don't ask don't tell chevrons!! LOL
    Good one Marine,lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

Can you post a pic of them? I have seen metal chevrons that are smaller (thinner stripes) but never the embroidered ones.

There had been talk a while back regarding making female chevrons a little larger. Wonder if that happened and that's what you got?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    They were Senior Lance Corporal Female Cheverons. Slightly bigger than Boot Lance Corporal Female Cheverons but slightly smaller than Male Lance Corporal Cheverons. J/K.

I have no Idea.
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    As sh*tty as I feel for the last 2 days, that made me laugh.
    Thanks Squish.
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

"Senior" Lance Corporal???? Ain't...no...such..thing.

Post a pic. But it sounds like you were wearing female chevrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    "Senior" Lance Corporal???? Ain't...no...such..thing.

Post a pic. But it sounds like you were wearing female chevrons.

LOL, I was being facetious

Thread Information