Rifle questions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle questions

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Really? How many taliban do you think he's killed? Probably like hundreds since killing people is just like it is on Call of Duty.

I think it's a pretty dumb screen name.
    that was me being sarcastic.

I think he was agreeing with you by also being sarcastic.

But seriously kid, make another friggen name. It makes you look like a tool. You think those guys over there are just fish in a barrel? Heed this warning poolee, don't ever underestimate your enemy. The men who make up the ranks of the taliban are not pushovers, they are cold-blooded killers who would move hell and high water to see you die a slow painful death. I don't mean to be over dramatic but I am a firm believer that poolee's need to stop being filled with "fakemotoOOHRAHkiller" bull**** and start being told the truth so they can properly train for the battles that lie ahead. Don't fear your enemy, but understand their capabilities, their skills, and train to be better then them. What I mean is, the Taliban is anything but pushovers and you should act accordingly.

I'm sorry if I offended any U.S. Marines,I just wanted a screen name to ask questions and show that I'm ready to do what it takes to help America win.

Last edited by PooleeX; 12-14-09 at 08:16 PM. Reason: mistake

There will be plenty of time later to try and be hero. Right now your focus should be solely on getting through Boot Camp and earning the title. Really, you should PM a mod and get username thats a bit more humble.

Change it to "poilicecaller92" or "workingpartymaster69" ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    Change it to "poilicecaller92" or "workingpartymaster69" ASAP.
    rofl so true.

But in all seriousness, might be in your best interest to come up with another name. As others have said, you need to worry more about making it through recruit training and actually earning the title before you can even begin to call yourself a "killer"....but even then...

Your NCO: "Hey killer, go clean the head"
    You: "Aye Sergeant!"

See, even then "workingpartymaster69" works out just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by talibankiller92 View Post
    I'm sorry if I offended any U.S. Marines,I just wanted a screen name to ask questions and show that I'm ready to do what it takes to help America win.
    You will get a new name in boot camp,lol.

That's Good Advice, MD8724...

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    I say you shouldnt learn anything at all, and go completely blind. It will be more fun that way!
    ================================================== ===

Anyway, that approach seemed to work for me. It took me 3 years to qualify as Expert Rifleman (with the M-1), after 2 weeks each year on the range, of snapping in, 8 hours/day. 5 years after I got discharged (PFC), I learned I needed glasses and was color blind. It really was fun. Late summer of 1950, just before Korea started, we were on the rifle range at MB NAD, Hawthorne, Nevada, firing for the record. Finally I was on the 200 yard line for 10 rounds rapid fire, prone position, after beginning slow fire, prone position on the 500 yard line.

In my 5 years USMC, I only got one "attaboy", and that was all I deserved. One of the several Marines that I always admired, Gunny Roy Kastner, was running the range that day. I kept my score mentally added up as the shooting progressed and I knew then that if I put the last 10 rounds " in the black" I became an Expert Rifleman.

So when the shooting was over and targets were run back up for inspection, I had all 10 in the black and Gunny said, quietly: " ... nice shootin' Hall...".

59 years later, I still remember. And many thanks Gunny and Kindest regards.

Last edited by Gary Hall; 12-15-09 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling errors.

Yep. Learn it the Marine Corps way and don't listen to the Jody's on the street. Most people that haven't shot before are usually better at the Range because they learned the right way and don't have any bad habits to unlearn. Always remeber BRASS. Breathe,Relax,Aim,Stop,Squeeze. It's been over 22 years since I learned that, so what they teach you you will never forget.

I put in to change the screen name. Thanks for the advice Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by artypig View Post
    Yep. Learn it the Marine Corps way and don't listen to the Jody's on the street. Most people that haven't shot before are usually better at the Range because they learned the right way and don't have any bad habits to unlearn. Always remeber BRASS. Breathe,Relax,Aim,Stop,Squeeze. It's been over 22 years since I learned that, so what they teach you you will never forget.
    Most of the platoon that I was in had rifle experience, we took top honors at the rifle range and left there being called the Edson Raiders, Semper Fidelis.

I was an expert marksman (3rd AWD...4 yr enlistment), and ended my time as a battalion range coach and competition shooter. Before going to PI, I had never fired a rifle. They'll take good care of you on the range and in the classroom. Listen to everything very carefully and follow instructions to the letter.

Thread Information