Question about making car payment while in boot camp. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Marine that graduated with me was able to send money from boot to home to make a car payment because his parents were unable to make it for him one month for whatever reason. It creates a lot of stress and hassle for your Senior Drill Instructor, and until you get your first duty station you won't be allowed to have a vehicle (from every Marine I have talked to) and once you get to your first unit you will want to see when they deploy next and such that way you don't buy a vehicle then have to put it in storage for 6-12 months.

First and foremost...20%...WTF...

Second, how could anyone do that to their bodies? Maybe I'm just getting old and all, (32 y/o) but I could never get a tatoo, piercing, etc...I was raised that girls get their ears pierced...and the last time I checked...yep..still there.

Third, they are correct, you will NOT be able to even drive a car during SOI...it's in the rules, if you are caught, NJP can happen.

Reguardless if I can drive or not, I have a contract to pay for it. I dont feel like killing my credit a second time around. Ill park the car at my mothers right before boot camp. Then ill get it when I can again. But with some research I found out while im in boot camp that I wont have to pay on it. Once i get out I can pay what I owe. But the finance company cant take it nor punish me while im in boot camp. Its against the law.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Griffith View Post
    I am aware of that issue. Surgery is today the 28th. Cant believe some one paid $4000 to have it fixed. Plastic Surgeon is charging me $350 an ear. Recruiter told me after its done he will send me to meps. I took my asvab 2 weeks ago and did well. Recruiter told me it will not be an issue once i have then closed.
    How did that Surgery go today???
    Did the Plastic Surgeon use a laser or cautery tool ???
    Stitches or staples???
    Skin Grafting???

Hope your Not in PAIN

Sugery went well. Because my gauges were not all that big he cut out the inside of my ear all around the hole to make it all fresh tissue and stiched it together. Its taped over now so i havent seen it. Have to keep tape on for 1 week and stitchs stay in for 2 weeks. About 3 weeks and i should be good for meps. Hope by time i take meps i can still get a slot for MP cause its what I really would like todo. He showed me some before and after pictures. He showed me pictures of some one who also joined marines at same recruiters that I did who had same surgery few months ago. It looked good. He said there will always be a line in my ear.

It ended up costing $900 with my room fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Griffith View Post

It ended up costing $900 with my room fee.
    Money well spent

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Recruiter told me after its done he will send me to meps.
    Did the recruiter tell you even though you had corrective surgery done that you will need a waiver for the surgery from MEPS?

Also in your pictures it looks like you have a tattoo that is on your left arm on the inside. I would check with the recruiter also about needing a waiver for that.

In your picture in the profile you say that your fiancée the mother of your child....since you have a child you may need a waiver for the child as a dependent since you are not now married.

There may also be custody issues for concern.....

I don't want to dash your hopes and make you spend that $900.00 in vain....but before you do anything else check on the waivers because they can be a looooong drawn out process.

Well worth the wait.....but still it is something that should be done.

Did the surgeon tuck your ear lobes for you when he did the surgery?

Just wondering because when you age you tend to droop and I don't want you you to have bassett hound ear syndrome when you get older.

Good luck to you.....

I went through a similar thing with my car back in the day. I was headed on a deployment and just didn't want to pay for my car anymore.

I took it to the credit union. It was a "Voluntary Repossession". They sold it and I was responsible for the remaining balance.

Call the financing company and ask if it's possible to delay your payments for three months. OR...do you have the money to make 3 payments ahead of time?

Thread Information