Digital Marpat Jacket
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Digital Marpat Jacket

Does anyone know where you can get this jacket? I've seen some fleet Marines wearing it but I don't know where you can get one.

Thanks

P.S. I tried searching but it was not working.

Yeah, you'll get it issued. You're not talking about the Gortex but the new one, right?

It matches the utilities dead on, all the other services have one to match. When you say issued do you mean issued like how my camis were meaning I get to keep it or issued as in I'll have to give it back when I PCS? I'm at Fort Meade and I see all the other services with one that matches theirs perfect.

Um, I got mine in a pre-deployment issue I think, vice general issue. If you are at an MOS you won't get one likely. Yeah, you'll have to give it back when you change units.

Can you explain what it looks like? Are you talking about the long-sleeve thin desert jacket? It's perforated and has a hood? If so, I got mine from my reserve unit, issued.

Why are we always the service that when has to check our field jackets and suc out but you go in the Army,Air Force or what ever and everything is yours and you are issued them to keep not use and return.I was in 20 years ago and it was that way and seems it still is.

Because the Corps doesn't have money, and the Corps is cheap. Lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCM38A1 View Post
    Why are we always the service that when has to check our field jackets and suc out but you go in the Army,Air Force or what ever and everything is yours and you are issued them to keep not use and return.I was in 20 years ago and it was that way and seems it still is.
    Because if your crap gets ran over by a tank you can take it down to supply and have it surveyed. The Army has to go buy a new one from cash sales. Talk about cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Because if your crap gets ran over by a tank you can take it down to supply and have it surveyed. The Army has to go buy a new one from cash sales. Talk about cheap

this is pertinent to anyone who hasn't deployed in awhile...

The ubiquitous "they" have put the kibosh on combat loss claims.

To add amplifying information to what Bulk said:
    The Army's ACU's for example, are super crappy. Guys go through like a dozen sets during a deployment. Hell, in Jump school, my Army roommate went through two pair of cammies, and that was only three weeks long! You could hold them up to the light and see through the fabric. They have stations set up on their bases to dump cammies (b/c idiots were giving them to locals, was another reason) and buy new ones. Basically throw away uniforms.

jacket pick

Here is the a link to the jacket being worn by a steely eyed killer

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

I heard ACUs last about 6 months.

Send me a PM and we can see about me picking one up for you next time I go up to Meade.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    you will get the Green Digital Marpat Gortex jacket as part of your cif issue when you get to the fleet, the desert digital gortex you will get when you deploy to afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    you will get the Green Digital Marpat Gortex jacket as part of your cif issue when you get to the fleet, the desert digital gortex you will get when you deploy to afghanistan
    Yeah, that's pretty much congruent to my experience.

You can get any of these jackets at CIF, you just have to get the nice person at the counter to help you and then you have to ask nicely.

I've seen quite a few of these floating around the pawn shops around Lejeune

For those of you deploying overseas, try and become best friends with your supply guy. The units out there have nearly a unlimited access to CIF gear and other items.

Thread Information