UOD for attending PI grad
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UOD for attending PI grad

Evening Ladies and Gents,

I'm going to see my brother graduate from boot in April, and I just had a question.

Is is proper for me to wear whatever uniform the grads are wearing, or do I have to put on the blues as an attendee?
    Hell, even if I can wear my cammies, I'd like to know that too.

Just need options, that's all.

Thanks Marines

S/F
    Sgt Paxton

I was always told you can pretty much where whatever as long as its in good nature. You could where civies if you wanted, or any of your service/dress uniforms appropriate to the time of year of course. I don't think you can where cammies though. Semper

If true, that sucks. I was looking forward to possibly wearing cammies. I guess a nice civvies outfit would be alright. I just don't like to draw much attention, because I'm there to see him graduate, not be called sir by some recruit every other second.

I'd ask theman across the hall with all the stripes and rockers, but he likes to go tad just about ever week to every single Marine base in the world.

Delta's or Charlies (Blues)

hmmm...Yeah I think I'll opt for a nice collared shirt with a blt and slacks. Medium reg as well.

Haha I just realized I used where instead of wear.

As long as you're not speaking Ebonics and not filling out a resume, I think you'll be fine

Jeez, and here I was hoping ebonics was dead

Quote Originally Posted by BlknGld0311 View Post
    As long as you're not speaking Ebonics and not filling out a resume, I think you'll be fine
    Its called selective keyboard spelling, I actually work for a School District as a Para Professional Educator. My students always notice when I type I use the wrong word in context. Its kinda funny actually I've been doing it ever since grade school. I even went to college and took Composition, you would think I have it down by now. Oh well

Well, if speaking of it keeps it alive, then it's no longer part of my vocabulary

Ebonics is the second most spoken language in the United States, right behind Spanish, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlknGld0311 View Post
    hmmm...Yeah I think I'll opt for a nice collared shirt with a blt and slacks. Medium reg as well.
    I went in shorts and Chuck Norris tee and a low reg to a SD graduation. My buddy (Cpl) was in cammies. No comments were made.

That sounds just like you west coast guys

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    I went in shorts and Chuck Norris tee and a low reg to a SD graduation. My buddy (Cpl) was in cammies. No comments were made.
    Darn you should have worn cut off jeans and a dirty tank top, and grew your hair out, thats probably the only time you could get away with it....thats how the locals dress all the time here, dressing up to them is a pair of full length jeans and a 80's short sleave collared shirt, thats going to a job interview or to court!

True statement, we were rack mates in boot. It was nice seeing a graduation again, there was much happiness in the air. Besides, who can pass up MCRDSD's No Panties Friday?

Thread Information