Father's not wanting their children to join. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well, all I can say is that I hope he's gone for good, along with his multiple usernames.
    Now, back to our regularly scheduled program......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    SNIPPED On a positive side, we all here know this scumbag does not pack the gear to make it more than week on either depot, and will no doubt become a great story in recruit training folklore.....the story will eventually told by a PFC at MCT or SOI, and will go something like this.."Man, about the fourth day in boot, we had this guy who actually ****ed his pants before crying for mommy!"
    We both know what this POS's response would be if we met him in a bar. Semper Fi
    I agree with the IBS theory.

We did have a guy who crapped himself about the fourth T-day. He was gone that day. I think he was a drug addict who thought he could break the habit by going in the Corps.

He didn't cry for his mommy though.

I just don't understand why parents of this nation don't want their kids to serve. I guess it's ok that others kids go and fight and sometimes die for their and their kids freedom. People have to realize that this nation has almost always been at war in some form or another and the only reason we have the freedoms that we so take for granted is because "somebody's kid" went and fought to maintain it. I would feel guilty as hell if I denied my son's choice to serve the country. My father gave his life in service to this country. And as much as my mother loved him, she never said a negative word when I joined the Marine Corps. It's called sacrifice folks, and to think you don't have to make any to enjoy your freedom, you better think again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Holy ****, what is wrong with the kids today?
    I agree

But as for talking to your father Look him in the eye(like I did to my dad) and say This is what I want to do with my life. then I told him my plan(about Boot CAmp then all the training that I'll get and how the Marine Corps has changed since his days in the Corps, and how you would like his approval, but that even without it you'll still join) and guarenteed he'll start to see things your way.
    Best of luck

Pvt. Selen out

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I agree with the IBS theory.

We did have a guy who crapped himself about the fourth T-day. He was gone that day. I think he was a drug addict who thought he could break the habit by going in the Corps.

He didn't cry for his mommy though.
    have a friend here no service time but isn't a wimp by any means....was talking about the past one day over a few beers...said he ended up going to SD one time back in the early 70s...had a friend in boot camp....said so he went to see him...walked threw the gates and went up to the first Marine he saw and asked where his friend was...was a DI who thought my friend was a boot where he wasn't spose ta be....several of them got on his case....until they figured wot he wasnt....told me he started crying like a baby after the first half hour....told him thats ok....dont feel to bad you babby

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    Hello, I have a question for parents of Marines that are also Marines. I am 17, turning 18 in 7 months. My dad is a US Marine Vietnam Veteran. All my life I've talked about joining the Marines, I always liked to think it is exactly how I would end up because "it's in my blood" and "I want to be like dad". Growing up of coarse he's always been darn proud of being a Marine and I love it. However, now that I am in my last year of High School, and it is a possible reality, he absolutely hates me mentioning joining the Marines. I understand he is my dad and doesn't want me getting killed and yes, we all know 98% chance that I'm going from boot camp right to Iraq or Afghanistan. He had to know the same thing when he joined the Marines during Vietnam. I'm asking for some advice on how to talk to him about it. Whenever I try to talk about it calmly, he gets really mad Thank You for the advice in advance.
    You may not think so, but your father gives you good advise. For every reason you have to join the Corps, I'm sure he can counter with many reasons as to why you should not join. Nobody knows better than your father what is good for you believe it or not.

Thread Information