push ups - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: push ups

Also, when your watching tv or somthing, do your max every time the commercials come on

Thats a good one Mirrorman, that helps out alot. You do pushups while the commercials are on and get as many in as possible. Then when the show comes back on you get a good rest, then repeat. I use that too

in between rounds of MW2 heh

Quote Originally Posted by OneRadRudeBoy View Post
    in between rounds of MW2 heh

exactly.. number of deaths = number of Marine Corps pushups I have to do. sure has improved my kill/death ratio

if i did the MW2 method i would be fat lol. i die about twice a game. The method i use however is 3 sets of regular pushups 3 sets of wide arm and 3 sets of diamonds all with a 45lb vest. Then when it comes time to do them at pt or in any other workout with just body weight they are easy i do the same for pullups and crunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulls View Post
    thanks everyone, i like the pyramid idea and the bench idea, but seeing as i don't readily have access to barbells and dumbbells every day, i'll try jensen's idea and see how it works, being that it's strictly bodyweight. i suppose i could do that once a day.
    some other pushup techniques you can try are decline and incline pushups. another thing that will help is wearing a 20 pound vest or so and doing about 3 sets of 15. if you can knock them out add more sets..dont go past 5 sets, and if you get all the pushups and all the sets then move up to more pushups. so lets say that you complete 5 sets of 15 pushups with 20 pounds then go up to 3 sets of 20 pushups with 20 pounds and then 5 sets of 20 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by PSMN View Post
    some other pushup techniques you can try are decline and incline pushups. another thing that will help is wearing a 20 pound vest or so and doing about 3 sets of 15. if you can knock them out add more sets..dont go past 5 sets, and if you get all the pushups and all the sets then move up to more pushups. so lets say that you complete 5 sets of 15 pushups with 20 pounds then go up to 3 sets of 20 pushups with 20 pounds and then 5 sets of 20 and so on.
    yah i started doing sets of 35 pushups with bodyweight then went to the 20lb vest and got up to 25 a set with that then 35 a set now im using a 45lb vest and up to 25 with it, im doing sets of about 80-100 bodyweight pushups

^^^ You just love that vest don't you? Do you sleep in it? I'm kiddin haha. I use weighted vests too. They work very well in increasing hard to reach numbers. I've also tried doing them very slowly and holding. Push up, hold and count, down, hold about an inch from the ground and count, push up again. That's also a good workout with or without a vest.

Yah man i hate lifting so when im feeling tiny i love to use the vest to gain some mass lol.

TKO i'm digging the vest technique you use. I bet when you get on the bar for some regular pullups without the vest your feeling real light. I'm a start doing that. That's good to go.

You should try this out, it got me from 25 - 60 push ups in a month.
    http://hundredpushups.com/

I've been doing the vest method for crunches. I just hold a 45lb weight barbell, and it seems to work just fine. I try and use all resources around me to train. Don't have the money to go out and buy extra equipment or a gym membership. haha

Do 200 push-ups in as few sets as possible, everyday for 10 days, on top of your normal workout. Then rest for 3 days, on the 4th day do a max set. Thats what I did and I saw some pretty good results. This website has a bunch of good workout plans http://www.*************/fitness-cen...-smith/archive

Just keep doing them, but not everyday. Benching helps too. Nice to see you have the motivation to want to get better. Good s*hit

A lot of different techniques have been mentioned already, the only thing I would add is continue maxing your pushups, if you reach a standstill, try doing different ones including the 3 chair method, or w/ weight!

Be considerate of muscle recuperation, make breaks!

Thread Information