Holy Cutting Scores Batman!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Holy Cutting Scores Batman!

Wow did they jump. just when I thought I was in the running....

look at Military Police, lol

if you wanna get ****ed off take a look at Maintenance admin's cutting score....ive never seen it go above 1200 for corporal

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    if you wanna get ****ed off take a look at Maintenance admin's cutting score....ive never seen it go above 1200 for corporal
    Military Police/1646

Tactical Data Systems Administrator/1106

My entire occ field has no promotions in the month of December. Our sis occ field (trains at the same school as us) promotes two corporals to sergeants (out of three jobs). One of those cutting scores is 1901.

Obama's way of saving money. Just put the scores to high so noone will get promoted means not having to pay more.

Those scores are way up there. I can't recall ever seeing some of those MOS scores that high ever.

stop your whining mine was 1720 before. thankfully last quarter it was 1681 but i didn't do one MCI so gents max those out. Better luck this time i hope

1699, yay mine droped by 3 points.

All my Comm buddies did the "my score went down" dance.....I just sulked lol. hopefully next quarter it drops below a 1520 so i can pick up

Man are you kidding?

I've never seen most aviation jobs with Hornets below the 1750's, and Cpl was usually in the 1600+ area.

I picked up Cpl on a 1597 and I picked up Sergeant in the "great rank giveaway" (well as the crap talkers would say) in October (they promoted like 16 Cpls and almost 30 LCpls that month) with a 1704 (If I remember, and now I can't look it up anymore).

I keep telling my Marines to not focus on the score. Its the number of people in front of them. Focus on doing everything they can to get their scores higher and doing well at their job and the selection will come with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    All my Comm buddies did the "my score went down" dance.....I just sulked lol. hopefully next quarter it drops below a 1520 so i can pick up
    Man you can't be serious! One of the reasons I want to lat move to either your MOS or 2141 is because of the low cutting scores-I would get promoted as soon as I completed school.

Most people in your MOS probably could get promoted before even having required TIG (if possible). Make no mistake, you have it made with how low your score is. When I picked up Cpl my score was 100 points HIGHER than yours is now, and I still did it in less than 2 years. Everyone in your MOS should have 3 stripes before they reach 4 years.

If you spend less time worrying about scores and how low or high yours is, how about you just do your job, learn everything and anything you can, spend a little extra time putting that extra effort in and just overall do what your told and dont ***** about it and eventually that will all play out to promotion no matter what field...btw if you can't get a 1520 something is seriously wrong

<1520 with 2 years in I'm thinking low PFT, unk'd on the range, no MCIs, or low PRO/CON. Either way, they can all be fixed. Easier to fix them than to wait on the score to drop to where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    If you spend less time worrying about scores and how low or high yours is, how about you just do your job, learn everything and anything you can, spend a little extra time putting that extra effort in and just overall do what your told and dont ***** about it and eventually that will all play out to promotion no matter what field...btw if you can't get a 1520 something is seriously wrong

It's always nice to know where you stand as far as making more money. It takes about 3 minutes to know your score and the cutting score. Honestly, why be a dick about 3 minutes.

Thread Information