Anyone else excited/nervous? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    I think I am more prepared for Boot Camp now than ever. I've been doing cardio almost every day and lifting weights as well. I'm not as nervous as I am excited to finally get there and earn the title.
    lifting weights will do nothing for boot camp... i just graduated, and all you need to do is mentally prepare yourself, they'll handle the physical part...

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    You and me both.
    I'm right there with you guys. Went to a nice university but just couldnt focus because I wanted to be a Marine so bad. I justified it by saying I would go in as an officer after I graduated, but I finally just said screw it.. I'm going in now. While I'm only going to be active reserve, having the title and drilling with my unit will be enough for me until I graduate college and go AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Iammarshall View Post
    lifting weights will do nothing for boot camp... i just graduated, and all you need to do is mentally prepare yourself, they'll handle the physical part...
    Lifting weights does in fact prepare you. Stronger more conditioned muscles means less chance of injury. I'm not saying get Arnold-bulky, but some strength training alongside endurance training isn't a bad idea.

i would like my ist to be at least:
    flex arm hang: 90 seconds
    1 1/2: under 13 min
    crunches: 100 would be good

Today is officially the 30 day mark until i leave for meps. Im getting stoked.

...I have the same ship date as you, and I am wondering how you came up with 30 days.

SD or PI?

Thread Information