Telling the truth
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Telling the truth

So i enlisted into the DEP a while back i was caught doing something i wasn't supposed to be doing instead of getting convicted of any crimes i went to a class on a Saturday and the Juvenile lady who wasn't a judge said that since i completed the class successfully that i would have a clean record and it would be like it never happened, so i never told my recruiter or MEPS about it, recently i came to my senses and told my recruiter about it since its been bugging me and all he said was "its ok don't worry about it there was nothing on your record",but that doesnt sit right with me Is that right or is there something more he should do?

what doesnt sit right with me is your handle, boy you're not an infantry platoon commander

Damm, boy. Unscrew yourself already.

First you screw up. Fix that.

Screw up again by telling someone about something that theoretically didn't happen. Fix that.

Now you want to screw that up AGAIN cuz it don't sit well with you. And maybe be able to fix that.

Come on here with a user name you don't rate, screwing that up. I don't think you can fix that without starting a whole new user profile.

Seems like your heart just ain't in it.

Hope you don't have the tattoo yet.

Telling the truth is the only way to avoid fraudulent enlistment. Make sure MEPS knows about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the help. Sorry about my user name i didn't really know what to make it but i want to be a Marine so bad and i don't want to lose that because i made a stupid mistake.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    what doesnt sit right with me is your handle, boy you're not an infantry platoon commander
    Sorry i didnt realize that i just used 03 because i want the infantry field and then the 01 was just so i could get my name i didn't mean it as an infantry commander.

If's its not on your record, it's not on your record. I wouldn't say anything if I didnt need to.

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    If's its not on your record, it's not on your record. I wouldn't say anything if I didnt need to.
    I dont agree.

if its not on your record you're fine. but at MEPS they'll ask you if you had any run ins since you dep'd.

ps i can see the screenname as an honest mistake. i think i'll change mine to 89tango91

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We've been over this topic before. ANY contact with the police or court system creates a record. This record may be sealed, expunged, or otherwise placed out of public view. The average nosy citizen or prospective employer can't access them. BUT, it never goes entirely away and background investigators with proper signed releases can still see those files.

Come clean at MEPS and bring copies of any paperwork you have stating you are clear as far as the court is concerned (copies, not originals).

They may not find out early in your career, but if you ever need to have a top secret security clearance, there is a much higher chance of that minor escapade coming to light. If you failed to report it to MEPS as required, it reflects on your character and integrity and could result in failure to gain the TS clearance. That may be a career ender right there too.

If you report it to MEPS, they will document it and let you ship to boot camp.

If you don't report it to MEPS, you will be fraudulently enlisting- then you'll be in real trouble.

Credits
    Savings
    ALright thanks ill just contact the Court House and see if i can get a copy saying i completed everything and give it to MEPS before i ship out. I defiantly don't want to get kicked out for fraudulent enlistment or anything like that i really want to become a Marine and don't want something so stupid as lying the truth mess it up for me.

Also again i am sorry for my name i didn't even realize what 0301 was ill have to make up a new account and get a better screen name.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 03USMC01 View Post
    ALright thanks ill just contact the Court House and see if i can get a copy saying i completed everything and give it to MEPS before i ship out. I defiantly don't want to get kicked out for fraudulent enlistment or anything like that i really want to become a Marine and don't want something so stupid as lying the truth mess it up for me.

Also again i am sorry for my name i didn't even realize what 0301 was ill have to make up a new account and get a better screen name.

What was your little escapade anyway?

Credits
    Savings
    Well I got caught underage drinking at a party so since it was my first and only police charge they gave me the diversion program.

So are you sure that if i tell them at MEPS and give them the paperwork before i ship to boot camp that they will still let me ship and not drop me out of the DEP?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    So are you sure that if i tell them at MEPS and give them the paperwork before i ship to boot camp that they will still let me ship and not drop me out of the DEP?
    Can't nobody tell you what they will do....but the Marine Corps has leadership traits and principles and one of them is Integrity.

Come clean and let the cards and chips fall where they will.

As stated it is better than being sent home for fraud.

Good luck !

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 03USMC01 View Post
    Well I got caught underage drinking at a party so since it was my first and only police charge they gave me the diversion program.

Let's put it this way, if you own up and they don't ship you, it may only involve a delay while they do some checking on their own. If they do drop you from DEP, after a time you should be able to try and enlist again, possibly with a waiver.

If you don't tell, get caught, and get kicked out for fraud enlistment, that is pretty much the end of the ride.

Honesty gives you more positive options.

Stay away from the booze. It ain't good for you.

Thread Information