GED question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GED question

Adult education classes are not intended for teenagers still in high school. If you want to be a Marine, best bet is to stay in high school and get your diploma. You want to give up on high school and take the easy way out- you have the wrong mentality. Marines don't quit and we don't look for the easy road in life. If you don't have the determination to finish 2 more years of high school, then you have no place in the Marines.

Stay in high school and get your diploma, I am home on leave and I have been helping the recruiters, and they basically are not even talking to people that have a GED. Finish high school, its worth it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the replies Marines! I'm now looking at maybe graduating early so that way I can get my diploma and not have to wait as long.I talked to the counselor at my school and she said that it's possible by taking classes next summer and an extra class or two next year! I'll talk to her later in the school year to get my classes sorted out! What do you think?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Stay in high school and get your diploma, I am home on leave and I have been helping the recruiters, and they basically are not even talking to people that have a GED. Finish high school, its worth it.

Have you discussed your plans with a recruiter yet?

As long as you are planning to get your diploma, you have my thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by jc091393 View Post
    Thanks for the replies Marines! I'm now looking at maybe graduating early so that way I can get my diploma and not have to wait as long.I talked to the counselor at my school and she said that it's possible by taking classes next summer and an extra class or two next year! I'll talk to her later in the school year to get my classes sorted out! What do you think?
    I think it's a good idea, get your diploma, not your GED. Finding a short cut via that will show you are motivated to get your diploma ASAP, and hope for you to join the USMC as quickly as you can. Just don't quit and go get your diploma.

Quote Originally Posted by jc091393 View Post
    I think that this is the best course of action. You will prove that you have the dedication to complete a task no matter how difficult. Complete this task and you will be one step closer to becoming a US Marine.

the whole point in getting the 15 credits is to prove you want this bad enough and that your not quitter if your a GED graduate. Of course when I joined they where still hurting for people and hadn't met there manpower requirements so there probably going to pick a HS graduate over GED since theirs less paperwork involved and they don't need to wait for you to get your college credits.

Thread Information