Happy Birthday 234th Marines! - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Happy Birthday to all Marines and Docs,OOH RAH

I toasted the Corps into another year with Single Barrel Jack. Done for another year.

HAPPY 234th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! My fellow Devil Dog, Leatherneck, Jarhead, and plain ole crazy SOB's raise a glass and toast those of our friends we have lost in combat and in our own lives that are not here to join us on this great day of days!!!!!!!! SEMPER FI!!! To our fallen Marines, family and friends, may we meet again as we stand watch over the streets of heaven. Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES YOUNG AND OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST TO FIGHT, FIRST TO KILL, READY TO DIE BUT NEVER WILL!!!!!!

HAPPY 234th BIRTHDAY TO ALL MARINES (FORMER, RETIRED, RESERVIST AND ACTIVE DUTY) AROUND THE WORLD!!

SEMPER FI DEVIL DOGS !!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    A legacy is born

During the American Revolution, many important political discussions took place in the inns and taverns of Philadelphia, including the founding of the Marine Corps.

A committee of the Continental Congress met at Tun Tavern to draft a resolution calling for two battalions of Marines able to fight for independence at sea and on shore.

The resolution was approved on November 10, 1775, officially forming the Continental Marines.

As the first order of business, Samuel Nicholas became Commandant of the newly formed Marines. Tun Tavern’s owner and popular patriot, Robert Mullan, became his first captain and recruiter. They began gathering support and were ready for action by early 1776.

Each year, the Marine Corps marks November 10th with a celebration of the brave spirit which compelled these men and thousands since to defend our country as United States Marines

The Marines' Hymn

From the Halls of Montezuma,
    To the Shores of Tripoli;
    We fight our country's battles
    In the air, on land, and sea;
    First to fight for right and freedom
    And to keep our honor clean;
    We are proud to claim the title
    Of UNITED STATES MARINES.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze,
    From dawn to setting sun;
    We have fought in every clime and place
    Where we could take a gun;
    In the snow of far off northern lands
    And in sunny tropic scenes;
    You will find us always on the job --
    The UNITED STATES MARINES.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
    Which we are proud to serve;
    In many a strife we've fought for life
    And never lost our nerve;
    If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By UNITED STATES MARINES.

My first Marine Corps Birthday was spent at MCRD Parris Island I graduated December 1, 1975.. I didn't go to work today. I went to the local watering hole. I had 3 beers. The first was in honor of those that served before me, the second was in memory of those I served with, the third was in hope that those who follow me serve our Corps well. There are countless Marines that I met in my time. I was fortunate enough to hear from one of them today. SSgt Mike Kozakewich. He was my senior drill instructor. (The internet is a wonderful thing to allow me to contact him.)
    Why do I love our Marine Corps? 34 years later this man still had the insite to tell me to "keep off the skyline". Brother taking care of Brother. Semper Fi to all my brothers and sisters past, present, and future.

Thread Information