Age and the reserves
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Age and the reserves

Recently I turned 28 and decided to make a lot of life changes (since I'm two years from 30). One of those is losing weight, getting in shape and enlisting in the Marine Reserves. Unfortunately by the time I will be ready to it will most likely be next summer, when I'll be 29 and a half. My questions are I am aware that the cut-off age is 28, but is it highly likely I can get an age waiver and if I do does anyone know how the older recruits fair when training with men 10 years their junior?

Also, if all goes well in the Reserves, would it at all be possible to apply to OCS, when I most likely will be 30?

If these questions have been asked and answered before I do apologize. I used the search engine to look, but nothing showed up.

They have been asked and answered.

Older recruits are recruits and all recruits suck until they graduate and become Marines. As an older recruit you'll have to learn to take orders from peers and superiors that are younger than you. Hopefully your life experience will help you keep your head on a stacking swivel.

IF you have it on good word that you can get an age waiver without prior service, good on you.

Will you have a bachelor's by the time you're thirty? You're going to want to look up the different programs and their age limits. I'm not certain you'll be able to go to OCS at all at the age of 30 because your reconstructed age won't be under the limit anyway.

Since your search didn't turn up any fruit, you're still at fault, and since you need to lose weight.... go run a mile, then push.

Thread Information