boot camp phone call
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

boot camp phone call

Hi Marines first of all thanks for taking the time to read my question. My fiance Jonathan Baker left for Paris Island Monday and was suppose to arrive 2:00am and I had heard from his recruiter that when he arrives he was allowed a 10sec. phone call to let me no he had made it. Now I never recieved a phone call and still havent, my question is, is that normal? Does it just depend on his DI? Any informaton would really make me feel alot better and will be appreciated greatly. Thank you.

They all attempt to call. He could have called his family or anyone. We were told to keep calling numbers until someone answered. After a while of leaving messages if no one answers thats it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well he told me to keep the phone beside me that night and of course I did, I even tried to stay awake, but of course I kept falling asleep. I had signal and no missed calls. I'm just alittle worried thanks for your answer though. Hopefully everything is ok me and our babies havent been away from him for this long of a time.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well he told me to keep the phone beside me that night and of course I did, I even tried to stay awake, but of course I kept falling asleep. I had signal and no missed calls. I'm just alittle worried thanks for your answer though. Hopefully everything is ok me and our babies havent been away from him for this long of a time without talking to him.

Don't worry about it...when I went through, our DI's gave us one ATTEMPT to call. If your call didn't go through, or you dialed one number wrong...well, tough luck.

I'm sure he's fine, you'll probably get a letter in the next 2-3 weeks.

i never was given a phone call during pick up. i did earn one after pugil sticks II. you'll get a letter soon.

your told to call your parents or your wife if married, check with his parents if he called. that first night is very hectic and fast you get only 2 attempts,he could have been nervous and dialed wrong.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I never got a phone call, as was said already though I wouldn't worry you will more than likely get a letter soon

He'll be fine sometimes it's better not to receive one so soon it would be the later phone call to worry about.

Do they have phones at Boot Camp?

I was at P.I. in 1975 and don't remember any phone call home.

for you salty dogs...

nowadays upon arriving at recruit training one of the very first things that you do as soon as you go through those double doors is make a phone call home...Marine Corps bootcamp style. they march you to a wall with like 9 phones and you all fall in line behind a phone, on instructions from the D.I you march up one at a time, pick up the phone and dial your wife or family and wait for them to answer or voice mail and recite the last sentences containing the words "I" and "you" for the next 3 months".

"this is recruit **** I have arrived safely at parris island, please do not send any food or bulky items I will contact you in 3-5 weeks by postcard with my new mailing address. thank you for your support, goodbye for now."

no "i love you's" or "hey can i talk to mom?" you recite whats written on the wall in front of you, hangup and run off to get your haircut.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So some recruits get a phone call home and some don't I guess it all depends on your DI. Thanks for all the answers I really appreciate it, it helps alot to hear what all you Marines that have been to PI was able to do and not to do. Thanks again.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Do they have phones at Boot Camp?

They used smoke signals in your day Old Marine.

Thread Information