Question reguarding discharge and rank...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question reguarding discharge and rank...

So Im pretty sure I know the answer to this... but I would like to clarify.

I was discharged from active duty on June 30th, 2006. I was selected for E4 during June, and scheduled to pin it on July 1st.

Since I was discharged prior to July 1st, I dont think I rate it. My DD214 also says E3.

The other side to this, is the GYSGT in charge of S1 told me that I did rate E4, because I was selected for E4 prior to discharge. He also told me that my promotion certificate was sent to him, and he then sent it on to the IRR so they could process it.

Can anyone clarify if this might be true, and if so, how do I go about getting this information.

You'll need to post a profile here before you get an answer to your question. Them's the rules.

Which is why I havent come back. Its retarded I come here for a simple answer, to a simple question, and am required to post a profile to get a simple answer.

If It hadnt been for my birthday notification, and private message reguarding my birthday today, I would have never returned... and dont plan on it as it is.

You were a Marine and can't follow simple forum rules?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Via Con Dios

Its retarded I come here for a simple answer, to a simple question, and am required to post a profile to get a simple answer.
    call your last S1 and have them submit an ID-10-T form, this should fix the problem it is that "simple"

Quote Originally Posted by 30AnvZ28 View Post
    Which is why I havent come back. Its retarded I come here for a simple answer, to a simple question, and am required to post a profile to get a simple answer.

If It hadnt been for my birthday notification, and private message reguarding my birthday today, I would have never returned... and dont plan on it as it is.
    Then why did you?

You shouldnt have signed your discharge papers if they were incorrect.

When I received my Honorable Discharge, I received this beautiful pin, it is gold with a white and blue trim. Has everyone received one of these with their discharge.
    Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sheila if you are talking about the honorable discharge pin ... I never knew there was such a thing until I started visiting this site.

Because of the source this may turn out to be a red X but here is an attempt at showing one from another site.

[IMG]http://marines.*********************/usmc/skills/bluebg_new/b_honorable_discharge.jpg[/IMG]

Darn it. It got filtered out but the picture seems to fit what you are describing.

Thank you so much, Bulkyer. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Never got one. Never knew about it either until I found this site. Where can I get one?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Hays View Post
    When I received my Honorable Discharge, I received this beautiful pin, it is gold with a white and blue trim. Has everyone received one of these with their discharge.
    Semper Fi Sheila Hays
    I did and it is a lapel style.

Fits and is worn in all those little useless buttons holes that are normally sewed shut and you need to razor them open.

Dammed iffen I can remember how it was received.

http://www.medalstohonor.net/Merchan...schargePin.gif

I LOST MINE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN CAMPLEJUENE AND BRADENTON FL lol

I had the same issue. My DD-214 says E-5, But they mailed me my Cert for E-6, since it came right at the same time. My last S-1 Chief was the one who mailed it to me.
    I have my DD-214, and the promotion to E-6 (Originals) framed, just in case anyone ever questions them.

Thread Information