OSO Wont respond - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member reload0024's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Things are looking as good as they can right now. Im feeling good about everything, I should know within a few weeks! I hope I will be able to become an Officer Candidate soon! Thank you for kicking my butt Marines!

Killer, prepare for what may be a tedious process. I just reenlisted into the Marine Corps Reserves after being out of the Corps for (2) years. My recruiter was awesome, but it was about a (6) month process. I had almost (8) years of active duty and figured it would be a breeze to get back in; wrong answer. My point is that you'll just have to be patient through all of this. As the other Marines mentioned, recruiters are very busy, and, with all due respect, he probably higher priority issues.

Jump through hoops, be aggressive with everything your OSO tasks you with, and then wait patiently! Good luck to you sir.

Also, I taught at OCS for a couple of years (land navigation, customs and courtesies, substance abuse) and will leave you with this advice:

Be in good shape and be ready to display all the leadership qualities you can muster.

Marine Friend Free Member reload0024's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Will do, Ive been getting up at 7am to exercise for 60-90 minutes per morning. Some mornings I decide to sleep in though, this is a work in progress haha. I have been very aggressive and precise with the previous task my OSO gave to me of getting information together for him, he expected me to phone back in a week or two, I phoned back a day later (today.) I am a go getter and when something needs doing, it gets done asap!

Good, that's the way.

Keep up with the exercise. Be careful though; by far the biggest cause for candidates not completing OCS is injuries.

Second to that would probably be "leadership drops". The thing about OCS: just wanting it isn't enough. You have to be packing the gear, both upstairs and in the heart.

But I'm not trying to be negative or discourage you at all; many young men and women do well at OCS and then move on to bigger and better things. It's a really great school.

Best of luck to you!

Thread Information