oh boy, I think they did it again... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awesome. And I'm getting food and housing for free with my buddy and his parents.

And yes, NY loves to rape me every paycheck to send out all those welfare checks to NYC. God I hate my state.

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    It may just be me, but Mypay usually doesn't have my LES up until towards the end of that month.

For instance, I was just recently able to see me LES for Oct, even though we are comming up on the Nov 1st paycheck.
    That's because they aren't available until after the month's 2nd U&E. (unless you have someone get you a future LES)

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    its either your uniform allowance from before seperation, or its probually your travel money.

wait wait wait, what uniform allowance are you talking about? one, he posted his LES on page one, Two he doesn't rate his partial clothing allowance until year two to three. It's assumed that your gear is good from year one to two.

EDIT: and travel isn't given it's reimbursed. That is if they don't buy the ticket for you before you go.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    ssgt, many of the new check ins out here when checking into the unit from school get a travel check for the travel from the school to the unit. and anything extra they get reimbursed. and the partial clothing allowance has been changed. you get it on the anniversary of you going to bootcamp every year. i received one my first year, and second year in.

You actually get half of the CRA on the first year anniversary and the full amt on the anniversaries following.

I never heard of anyone getting a check from disbursing, but I work in pay, not travel, so I guess I could be blind to what they do.

wait, what. I read it that you don't get anything the first year 'cause all your gear is supposed to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    wait, what. I read it that you don't get anything the first year 'cause all your gear is supposed to be good.
    Nah, they give you half. But I'm not sure if it's meant to cover your first year or if it's for your second. I got 180 bucks in Feb 08 (PEBD is Jan 07).

then it should be for your second. See, what I'm saying is that the Partial is what you get the third year. I read this in the order.... but sh!t changes practically on a quarterly basis now.

I already got my clothing allowance, and I received 1500 for travel before I left, this is something new.

seriously, when the hell do you guys get travel before you go somewhere? STW is that jacksonville the florida jacksonville? like you were in school for over a year?

No, Jacksonville, NC. I went to Pensacola for A-School for 4 1/2 months, then to New River for another 4 months roughly. They give you the travel rate from Jacksonville, NC to wherever your duty station is if you tell them you're driving. My buddy scammed the system so good, I hate him. 1500 dollars and 8 days travel to go from LA to San Diego. It's like an hour and a half if that.

well, you guys got it good. They didn't allow boots to PCS like that. WE had tickets bought for us then we had to do a travel claim when we checked in. Sometimes life is unfair.....

That's the same way it was for me. I guess things really do change often. Although, it's only a travel advance he got, and when he DOES do his travel claim he won't get squat.

AAHHHH, I see. That's why I like my government credit card. I know exactly what I can use it on and don't have to worry about paying it back. Thing is, you've really got to plan when doing a cross country trip, some hotels don't have the government rate of 70 dollars a night.

Thread Information