question about Officer?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

question about Officer?

hi i dont post ever, but im on here alll the time. but i got a question..how would you go about becoming an Officer? just try to get into a military academy? ROTC? whats that? i was DEPed in but got DQed at meps the day i was to ship. i had three scars on my forarm from cigarettes gettin put out so they sent me for a pshyc consult at this other drs office like 2 weeks later. an he ended up askin me if ive drank. my record shows that i have a public drunkenss from last year. is that goin to stop me from getting in not jus as a Officer but at all?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    to put it bluntly, if you got turned away at MEPs for enlistment I find it very hard and near impossible for you to become an officer

Credits
    Savings
    You are on here all the time and don't know the answer.

Listen carefully - NO!

Sounds to me like fraudulent enlistment.

Fess up here. Tell us everything.

... and do a favor, read up on the rules of the site.

so you're saying you lied about drinking (underage?) and you have a police record of such. Well, I'd say the OSO (Officer Selection Officer) will not entertain your request as he's got plenty of qualified applicants he turns away for other less morally wrong reasons. The Marine Corps isn't looking for people to be in charge of Marines who have issues following rules or who put cigarettes out on themselves. You should have thought about that before you tried to enlist/DEP in and had them removed. Hindsight is 20/20.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i told him that i have. i got nailed for it after i deped in. i was told the charges were takin care of. an it wouldnt effect me shipping

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by wisor09 View Post
    i told him that i have. i got nailed for it after i deped in. i was told the charges were takin care of. an it wouldnt effect me shipping

... and do a favor, read up on the rules of the site.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is a little game that is played by tough guys. You each put a lit cigarette on the others arm and then blow to keep the ember glowing while grinding it into your arm. The first one to flinch loses. Technically you did have it put out on your arm but it is a psychotic game that only an idiot would play and leaves a permanate irrepairable scar.

You can down play it by saying someone put a smoke out on your arm, but that is not how it really went.

Credits
    Savings
    Dumb is as dumb do, or is that does?

still doesn't change the fact that the OSO will have nothing to do with you. You got dropped from the DEP.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    still doesn't change the fact that the OSO will have nothing to do with you. You got dropped from the DEP.
    Yeah, what he said.

BigAlHolmes165 and Bulkyker are correct. You will not qualify to be an Officer in any branch of the military.

Thread Information