Are there any unique things your recruiting station does? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    well here in phoenix we have poolee functions on the 1st tuesday, and saturday of each month and also the 3rd tuesday of each month. Our recruiters tell us that out pt sessions are to make sure that we are staying in shape on our own. usally every other month we have an IST. I am 6"5 and weigh about 215-218 and i can run my mile and a half in 10:26, 9 pull ups, and 71 crunches, and i continue to work on everything.
    YES!

Finally, another tall Poolee! I win, though. 6 foot 6.

Our recruiting station ranges in what we do every week. Usually we do some sort of running because that seems to be what most people have a problem with. We also do a ton of working out all the time.. Then we have had classes on Squad Manuevers and first aid and stuff like that. Poolee functions we've had have been Drill, swimming qual stuff, and paint ball. I think our recruiting station is getting us really prepared, it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    Dont make me laugh,RSS Riverside CA all the way
    RSS riverside? we are far superior to you. every IST and pool function.
    TEMECULA ALL THE WAY

POOLEE your funny dude,ay do you guys go to March AF base to do your IST's? if so find me punk Ill freaking race you

RSS Boston is the best recruiting station in the northeast. We have monthly IST's which consist of the usual 1.5 mile run, max crunches, max pullups. Usually after an IST we practice drill, and go for a run through downtown Boston. We have remedial PT everyday at 0900, and mandatory PT every Tuesday and Thursday at 1700. We have over 80 in the pool. Our PT's are always at least 2 hours long. We run circuit courses, go for 5 mile river runs, do boxing workouts, 1 mile fireman carries, Marine Corps push-ups until you die, low crawl's in the mud, paintball functions, sometimes we go to the reserve base to practice drill. Everyone goes hard, or we don't go home. I'm proud to say that we take home the trophies every year against 14 different stations. We make the Army PT look like a joke. Everyone in our pool runs better than an 11:30, and everyone meets the pull-up and crunch requirements. I'm proud to say I've been PT'ing with RSS Boston since December of 2008 and have earned title of Guide.

No way your the guide of your RS! They should just give you the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

PT every Tuesday and Thursday and every second Sat of the month is of course the Pool Function. Sometimes we go on trips like to the USMC museum at Quantico or visit other historic sites. That or we run an IST and do some sort of fun activities afterwords.

Our PT's are usually pretty extensive. We end up running somewhere in between 4-8 miles every time on top of intense workouts. Needless to say kids that went in there doing 0 pullups are now doing 10 or so after a month or 2.

My station is rated Top in NJ according to all the recruiters, despite our station being really small and in a remote location. Im sure there are some out there in other states that kick our asses haha but im happy with these guys

PS - I leave Monday to PI

Zoltta1,best of luck to you poolee and kick ass

Our new head recruiter just broke us down into squads

and I made squad leader.

My recruiter took me and his other poolees out to Hooters for lunch after a PT :]

Quote Originally Posted by Knudsen View Post
    My recruiting station, (RSS N LANSING), which is probably the best in the country, has PT every Thursday and every third Saturday we do something fun like paintball or bowling. We dont HAVE to know everything but we are really pushed to learn our general orders, marine corps history, and rank insignia. While i have been in the DEP i have learned to be a squad leader and the guide and feel much more confident going into boot camp.

Semper Fi Poolee's and keep working hard!
    Best in the country RSS Temple Terrace just got the award for superior achievement in 2009. My recruiters will not send you to Parris Island unless you are 100% ready, and I'm glad they won't. Only a handful of poolees in my DEP don't know all of their general orders, and ranks and it's because their new. We PT 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday). Run IST's and CFT's regularly. We don't do many fun activities, we had a bbq once, but its only because were too busy training! Also we do good amount of drill practice that from what I've heard helps out tremendously at boot camp. And almost every poolee holds a leadership position in boot camp. Needless to say, I'm incredibly thankful to all the recruiters from my station for all of the time they dedicate to making sure we ship out ready to kick ***.

RSS TEMPLE TERRACE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBrennan1226 View Post
    We make the Army PT look like a joke.
    We literally run circles around the Army and Navy when we see them haha.

Since the weather is getting colder, our RSS is starting to do more "class" meetings where we'll be taught how to talk to drill instructors properly, what to expect at recruit training, and things along that line. We'll also be going to a swimming pool (I believe) to show us what will be done at recruit training.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind running during the winter. Almost all the recruiters at my RSS have never even seen snow in New England ...lol ! But yeah, looks like we'll be doing a lot more mental preperation than physical during the winter.

The only "fun" thing we've done so far was last month when we played flag football. I also love motivational runs. Those are probably my favorite out of all the training exercises we do. We normally split into three different groups; fast, normal, and turtles for when we run..But I like when we do motivational runs, that way I get the feel of the brotherhood and the sense of being in the Marines. I love it! I love the Marine Corps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Sokol View Post
    The only "fun" thing we've done so far was last month when we played flag football. I also love motivational runs. Those are probably my favorite out of all the training exercises we do. We normally split into three different groups; fast, normal, and turtles for when we run..But I like when we do motivational runs, that way I get the feel of the brotherhood and the sense of being in the Marines. I love it! I love the Marine Corps!!
    heh, PT's always fun man. Indian runs with 25lbs free weights will get you motivated.

Well, our new recruiter, in the midst of PTing us, is teaching us how to lead PT sessions for the fleet. He'll have each of us get in the middle of the circle and lead with the commands..(I'm going off memory right now, can't find the paper I wrote it down on)

PoA
    Detail/Platoon/Company.. Atten-HUT
    Proper Greeting, Poolees/Marines
    My name is Poolee ________
    And I will lead your first/next exercise
    Your first/next exercise will be Side-Straddle-Hops
    Side Straddle-Hops is a 4 count exercise
    I will count cadence, You will count repetitions
    We will do X number of them.
    Does anybody need a demonstration?...(Acknowledge requests)
    Starting Positions. Ready. Exercise

Do the exercise

back to PoA
    Recover, At ease, Shake it out.

And if we **** it up, we start pushin until we get it right. It's exhausting

Thread Information