Gas chamber tip!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Gas chamber tip!

I have a Marine friend he said the day of the gas chamber they will tell you to dry shave. this makes it hurt alot more so after shaving put rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer on your face it closes your pores. Also dont be stupid after the chamber wash your hands before the bathroom bc you dont want it burning too. Good luck at boot I got 4 days till I go.

Good tip, I'll keep it in mind.

I'll see you on the Island.

Thanks for the tip, o.O i'm still not looking foward to it. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy90 View Post
    See, I guess this is the maniacal glee my recruiter was talking about shipping/wanting to ship. I can't wait for any of it, gas chamber and all.

I would give anything to be in that gas chamber right now. But no, I have until January.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy90 View Post
    better get use to it your redo it every year lol

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    See, I guess this is the maniacal glee my recruiter was talking about shipping/wanting to ship. I can't wait for any of it, gas chamber and all.

I would give anything to be in that gas chamber right now. But no, I have until January.
    Same for me. I just dep'd in two weeks ago and I'm ready to get going.

Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mledford View Post
    Same for me. I just dep'd in two weeks ago and I'm ready to get going.

Damnnnnn you have a long wait. Don't worry it goes by fast. I Depped in beginning of august and I'm already half way to boot camp!

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Damnnnnn you have a long wait. Don't worry it goes by fast. I Depped in beginning of august and I'm already half way to boot camp!
    Lucky!

That's what all the Poolees that are shipping next summer from our RSS tell me. And I keep telling all the Poolees shipping out between now and March that theyre lucky. One big cycle.

Holy **** and Son of a *****!! That ****ing stung, not going to lie.
    I read this a few days ago, and said, **** it. Why not. Started "practicing" dry shaving today due to not only this post but another one I saw to go ahead and get a few in to get used to it, because a lot of times you wont have much time to shave, and sometimes it's hard to get a sink/mirror anyways with so many recruits in the head. I had a 3 day stubble, and although quite different, it wasn't that bad at all - the shaving part that is. It's a little rough at some parts, mind you - this would also be my first time dry shaving; it's not all that common being a civilian and just saying **** it! gonna dry shave it today before work! Anyways, the real eye opener was the damn hand sanitizer. Most aftershaves, nowadays, aren't as strong as they used to be - but damn hand sanitizer is a good majority alcohol, and holy **** do you feel it. I'm sure almost touched my eyebrows to my damn hairline, hahaha.

Last edited by thekevo; 10-22-09 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

What kind of razors are we going to be using? disposables, I'm assuming. I don't want to make a new thread in AAM just for this.

I read somewhere you get a Gillette Fusion. (not the the electric buzzing one, just the base model). I can't remember for the life of me what thread it was.

P.S. Kevo- Dammit. I was about to try dry shaving tonight (I have a 3 day shadow too). Now you made it that much harder NOT to use the shaving cream. **** it. Here goes nothing.

And yeah, I'm going to make sure I keep up with shaving now, Dry shaving after 3 days doesn't feel so well.

Just got a PM from a Marine saying

The D.I.s want you to have the closest shave possible, and it's not because they want it to burn, it's because the gas mask won't make a seal if you have hair on your face.

He also mentioned that we should stop taking advice from people who haven't been through it. I think we should listen.

Good luck Jaybaker

Thread Information