So many emotions
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So many emotions

So I was informed today I may be leaving for Parris Island Monday. I was so not expecting to be at my possible six day mark and feel so nervous and scared and excited and moto and every other thing I am feeling right now. What are you all doing to handle these feelings? It's so crazy!!! Right now I am just hoping to spend a lot of time with my mom and family. Any advice on maybe getting sleep and not beings so anxious?

I'm leaving on Sunday, man. I don't even know how to describe my feelings. I've been spending a lot of time with family and friends, just to pass the time. And the not getting sleep part...well, can't help you with that. I've spent close to 48 hours just lying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Then at 0500, going for a PT run, lol.

E; Lol, I meant girl. Not man. Sorry. :P

Good luck Gonzo!

Haha no problem Cool. And Thanks M

Thats awesome Gonzo!!! Better than December! I wish I was able to leave early with you and Vi :/ Good Luck and just try to relax..anxiety won't go away..but you'll be fine!!

Thanks SD. You are right about this feeling. I so was not expecting to be told that Monday is it. :O I am stoked though. I wish you were gonna be there too but you will be soon enough enjoy this time

yeah i ship monday also, but i'm going to SD. Well like y ou i'm scared ****less and nervous but I'm more moto then anything, I can't wait to stand on the foot prints and become part of a strong bond, a brotherhood, the title. Thats what i keep in the back of my head, "brothers" and how earning this title will give me so much more family, then i already have. I've been spending less time PT'ing and more time spending with my family... thats how i deal with the emotions, good luck in earning your title!!

Yeah good luck to you too Freddy. Spending time with la familia is the best way to spend the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo4 View Post
    Yeah good luck to you too Freddy. Spending time with la familia is the best way to spend the last few days.
    Want to congratulate both you and Freddy on the beginning of your journey. Go get that EGA.

Remember to never give up and remember that this is what you have been waiting for.

Smile at the unknown, and greet fear with a grin.

Enjoy and cherish every experience, good or bad. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Get some!

You'll be fine! Just keep your mind on lock down and remember why you're there; remember how you felt the day you went into the Marine Corps Recruiting Office - keep that and hold it close, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Hey thekevo. We have the same ship date. Is your meps Fort Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by derikdrock1989 View Post
    Hey thekevo. We have the same ship date. Is your meps Fort Jackson?
    Lol, we've already established this; you must not remember. You're even on my friends list. And nope, my MEPS station that I go to is Fort Gillem.

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    Smile at the unknown, and greet fear with a grin.

Enjoy and cherish every experience, good or bad. "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Get some!
    Damn, we have a poet on these forums.

Going to go run my final IST in a bit! GET SOMEEE!

It's official I am outta here Monday

Thread Information