Awards, need help!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards, need help!

I was on recaid for 6 months from 15dec08 to 20may09. During that time I recruiting 14 ppl who DEP'd in (totally legit, no bull**** pencil whiping). I was told if you got 5 people to join you get a NAM and after 10 you get a COMM. Is this true, and if so how do I go about finding the MARADMIN for it. Also, I was told the unit I was with got the NUC, and I rate it how do I find that too?

Thanks for the help.

S/F
    echo 4 papa

are you not a e4? you should know how to look maradmin and the like,, maybe contact the command,, im just saying

Actually I just picked up. Im in the reserve they havent really taught us how to do so. And as for contacting the admin shop.... right they don't care about anyone but themselves. So any help would be nice. thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Whom ever it was that told you these tales needs to write up a recommendation for the award and then it must be reviewed by your command. Outstanding job on bringing others into the fold but I think you were sold a bottle snake oil.

You can look on MOL to see if you rate the MUC. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Whom ever it was that told you these tales needs to write up a recommendation for the award and then it must be reviewed by your command. Outstanding job on bringing others into the fold but I think you were sold a bottle snake oil.

You can look on MOL to see if you rate the MUC. Best of luck.
    Thanks Sgt. Does the SNCOIC write up the recommendation? Or does it have to be higher?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The recruiting SNCO can write you up for an award and then run it through his officers.

Roger, thanks again Sgt. S/F

Look up the MarAdmin on usmc.mil to see if you rate the NUC.

As for the NAM, I've never heard of such a thing. You might get a meritorious mast for recruiting 'x' amount of people, but not a NAM. The NAM is still one of the prestigious awards, it's not one of those they hand out like candy. Recruiting a few people on recruiter's assistance does not qualify for the award, if you want it, you really have to go above and beyond. If a NAM was that easy to get, I'd have a bunch of them by now.

I looked it up for you. MarAdmin 514/09 (newest awards message):

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...IN0514-09.aspx

If you were on recruiters assistance from Oct '06 through Sept '07, you would rate a NUC. But based on the time frame you listed, you do not rate it... yet. You may have to wait a year or two to see if HQMC offers a unit award for your time frame.

While I was working as a recruiters assistant about a month ago the SNCOIC stated that the Marine Corps is no longer handing out NAMs for recruiters or anyone working for the recruiters due to the system being taken advantage of. As far as I know you only get points towards your next promotion; nonetheless, good luck on getting your NAM.

well, it may not be handed out like candy that doesn't mean he can't have it submitted. If he was doing this number in a short period of time it's possible he can get some kind of award. submit a NAM and see what it gets. could get downgraded to a circom.

On recruiter's assistance, it is your job to help recruit people. Recruiting 5 people on RA does not qualify for a NAM in my book, especially during a time where many want to join due to the economy.

Maybe if I open 'x' amount of doors, answer 'x' amount of phones, and hand out 'x' amount of keys while standing post on MSG, maybe they'll give me a NAM. But sh!t don't work that way, NAM's are not handed out for doing your job, they are only awarded for doing something extraordinary. If they are handing out NAM's to Marines on RA who help recruit 5 people during a rough economy, then NAM's no longer have value in my opinion.

Figured I would throw my 2 cents in this one. As for a NAM for being on Recruiters Assistance and getting all those people to join....... take your right hand and reach over your shoulder. Now pat yourself on the back. Thats about what you can expect. Not saying that in a bad way but I have never heard of anyone getting a NAM for referring x amount of people. I would still go back to the RS and talk to them. Maybe they can write you up for something. Thats better than nothing when it comes time for meritorious promotions.

As for the NAM being handed out like candy...... I have to disagree. I have seen way to many times that someone who get the NAM for doing their job. All because their SNCO or OIC took the time to write up the recommendation. HeII, my first NAM was handed to me for doing my job when I left a command. The other two I earned by busting my hump. Some people do abuse the system when it comes to awards. Look at the Chair Force. They gave out several Bronze Stars to people that stayed states side during the war preping the birds that flew round trip bombing missions. That award (medal) lost a lot of credibility because of that. I think it was a slap in the face to those that earned it while fighting in combat.

Go here, this is the site I went to, and the mailing address I used to get my MUC. Once you verify that you are entitled to the NUC, you will have to write a letter to the MMMA Branch Marine Corps HQ. Make sure you submit supporting evidence that you where apart of the Unit when the award was authorized. Once it has been approved by MMMA, they will send you a letter, and a few weeks later you will get an updated DD-214 with DD-215 update from MMSB. You will have to accept the sites security certificates to view the page. Hope this helps with your NUC. SF

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal..._schema=PORTAL

Which brings me to a question does anyone know how many DD-215's are authorized before you get a new DD-214. Ive got two DD-215's at the moment. One for my NDSM, GWOTSM, Rifle Marksman Badge, and the other for my MUC.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    Figured I would throw my 2 cents in this one. As for a NAM for being on Recruiters Assistance and getting all those people to join....... take your right hand and reach over your shoulder. Now pat yourself on the back. Thats about what you can expect. Not saying that in a bad way but I have never heard of anyone getting a NAM for referring x amount of people. I would still go back to the RS and talk to them. Maybe they can write you up for something. Thats better than nothing when it comes time for meritorious promotions.

As for the NAM being handed out like candy...... I have to disagree. I have seen way to many times that someone who get the NAM for doing their job. All because their SNCO or OIC took the time to write up the recommendation. HeII, my first NAM was handed to me for doing my job when I left a command. The other two I earned by busting my hump. Some people do abuse the system when it comes to awards. Look at the Chair Force. They gave out several Bronze Stars to people that stayed states side during the war preping the birds that flew round trip bombing missions. That award (medal) lost a lot of credibility because of that. I think it was a slap in the face to those that earned it while fighting in combat.
    Wow they gave out Bronze Stars to, state side Airmen. I heard that once before, but just thought it was a rumor. I agree Gunny I think that does cheapen the award.

Thread Information