National Marine Corps Museum-Instant Motivator
Create Post
    Marine Free Member bonedaddy0313's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up National Marine Corps Museum-Instant Motivator

In the tradition of "First to go, last to know", my eyes have been opened. A close friend of mine took me on a trip this weekend as a suprise from Orange County California. When we got there, I was amazed, we had arrived at the National Marine Corps Museum, Triangle, Virginia. Let me tell you, I recommend a trip to here to every Marine and/or any one that truly wants to become a marine. I must admit that when we arrived, I felt a little stupid as I didn't know the museum existed.
    However, I got over that and was truly surprised,impressed and motivated by the time we left. It re-energized the brotherhood, pride and self-worth inside me and that "just out of bootcamp / superman" feeling.
    I understand that they are still building and adding to the exhibit as there was very little with reference to the Gulf War, my call to duty. Upon discussing this with one of the duty marines on post (yes, it a duty post) he enlightened me with the specifics on the phases of growth the Museum will see in the future.
    I left there with a renewed sense of 'Esprit de Corps' and can't recommend it enough to all hard chargers old and new....

SEMPER FI-

ps- when your in there, take the time to drive and go visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetary. It brought a tear to my eye....seriously.

i have oodles of pictures of the Marine Corps Museum from when I was on leave with my wife. it was pretty amazing....especially cause the first exhibit was an lvt

Credits
    Savings
    The museum itself was great. I was there on August 8th and there was an OCS or TBS graduation that day.

Also, a helicopter squadron reunion was holding a visit.

All was well until I went into the gift shop. Made in China. Made in Japan. Made in Vietnam. Made in Taiwan. Etc., etc.

That really sucked.

Thread Information