Ice at recruit training
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ice at recruit training

Good afternoon Marines, I had a couple of quick questions

1) Is there ice available for recruits to make ice packs during their downtime?(if downtime is available)

2) On average, do recruits do a lot of "Dips" during their work out?

Thank you for your time

The only way you'll be getting ice is if you pass out and the body snatchers dump it on you, in which case you'll also get the silver bullet from a nearby Corpsman.

That's what I figured. Thanks Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Good afternoon Marines, I had a couple of quick questions

1) Is there ice available for recruits to make ice packs during their downtime?(if downtime is available)

2) On average, do recruits do a lot of "Dips" during their work out?

Thank you for your time
    Sorry no ice.

And the only time I remember doing dips was during the circuit course. You do not do them often.

You get the opportunity to get ice "packs" at night, or at least my platoon did. And yes the only time I ever did dips was during the circuit course.

Excellent. Thanks for your responses Cpl and PFC. I was just asking about the ice because dips "aggravate" my shoulders, as I found out a few days ago. But if they aren't done that often, all set then.

Thanks again!

we had a freezer full of ice packs for use at night. they just had to be away by lights. we did dips on the S&E course, i think we ran that twice.

Wow, must be something new.

You ask some of the weirdest questions.

1. My platoon never had access to ice, but some of the other platoons did. I do think more platoons should have access to ice after lights, it would minimize injuries serious enough to get dropped for. If we got hurt, tough luck, we'd be on our way to MRP.

2. You'll do dips on the circuit course on occasion, but not too often.

Quote Originally Posted by tangovictor87 View Post
    we had a freezer full of ice packs for use at night. they just had to be away by lights. we did dips on the S&E course, i think we ran that twice.
    Hey, are the R7s driven by mechs or crewmen?

Mechanics. I would never let an 18xx touch my R7. I don't like anyone but my repair team around it either, there's too many valuable tools and parts other Marines like to tactically acquire.

Are they armed? If so, with what? I'm thinking about lat moving to 2141.

I found that ice was available during "Senior Drill Insturctor Free Time," only if your SDI allowed it. However that's not even possible if your fellow Ice Recruits forget the water jugs at chow time.

As far as dips go I seem to remember most obstacles/circuits/PT sessions being finished off with dips AFTER boot camp. Dips weren't that big of a deal at bootcamp except on the confidence course when you have the frigging long dip bars that you crawl up.

Do your shoulders bother you only while doing dips or while doing pull ups as well?
    How many pull ups do you do?
    How tall are you?

Hey PFC, that's good news.

I'm 6'2, I can do ~13 pullups - no problems

I just tried to do dips a few nights ago at the gym and inner shoulders(not muscles) are feeling it, pretty bad (It could be I just over stretched all the tendons and such since I haven't done dips in forever). My post was just to get an idea of if I should really work on them/if they were an essential part of work outs at boot.

Besides dips I can do everything else. We get "IT'd" pretty hard at our Pool functions, doing pretty much every kind of exercise and I have no problems, same with normal gym routines.

I was just wondering about ice to see what happens if an injury that just needs ice/minimal extreme activities for a couple of days happens.

We had a dip bar that we could do dips on at free time. But really it depends on your platoon on what they have and allow.

Thread Information