Medical Question?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medical Question?

My left wrist on the outside has been kinda bugging me lately, and i have seen the doctor once and they put me on anti inflammatory mecication. I got a x-ray done and the doctor told me that every bone in my wrist look fine and nothing was out of place. She said it might be a slight case of tendanitis, or a bruised bone. I set another appointment for thursday so that i could possible get an mri done. and by the way i am still able to do pull ups, and Pushups, and stuff along that line.

Do you MARINES think i should just take it easy for a week or so and try and let it heal and just do running, swimming, and abb work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    My left wrist on the outside has been kinda bugging me lately, and i have seen the doctor once and they put me on anti inflammatory mecication. I got a x-ray done and the doctor told me that every bone in my wrist look fine and nothing was out of place. She said it might be a slight case of tendanitis, or a bruised bone. I set another appointment for thursday so that i could possible get an mri done. and by the way i am still able to do pull ups, and Pushups, and stuff along that line.

Do you MARINES think i should just take it easy for a week or so and try and let it heal and just do running, swimming, and abb work?
    What did your doctor recommend as far as taking it easy? If it hurts, then I would limit the activity involving your wrist such as pull ups and push ups and give it some time and see where you're at.

Well my appointment is thursday, so i will find out what the problem is. It does not feel like there are any tendons that are sore. i think it may be a bruised bone, because i have heard they take months to heal.

Buckeye? Who is your RSS NCOIC?

Gunnery Sgt Current

You asked a question?

A Marine responded and you pretty much brushed him off with your own idea.

Why did you even post this if you aren't going to at least acknowledge his reponse to you?

Our Rss Ncoic Is Gunnery Sgt Current.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    What did your doctor recommend as far as taking it easy? If it hurts, then I would limit the activity involving your wrist such as pull ups and push ups and give it some time and see where you're at.
    THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE MARINE

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert View Post
    Well my appointment is thursday, so i will find out what the problem is. It does not feel like there are any tendons that are sore. i think it may be a bruised bone, because i have heard they take months to heal.

Bones get bruised via impacts. Tendons can get inflamed from impacts, improper movement, or overuse. If you didn't slam your wrist into something, it probably isn't a bone bruise.

Get your MRI done and follow your doctor's advice from there. Meanwhile, I wouldn't use it to do physical exercise.

Also, proper nouns are capitalized in the English language. I, Thursday, etc, are capitalized. This is not Twitter or a chat room.

Thank You for your response Marine

Well I saw the doctor and he said it seems like all i have is tendonitis, and that i should ice it and take the anti inflammatory medication and not left so much and it should start to slowly go away. So I figure I will do pt and weights on Monday, wednesday, and saturday. The other days i will just do all running. Please give me your ideas on this MARINES, and thank you for the responses.

I love it when poolees ask us medical questions thinking we must all be doctors or something and we can diagnose them over the internet.

You want my diagnosis? You have AIDS, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I love it when poolees ask us medical questions thinking we must all be doctors or something and we can diagnose them over the internet.

You want my diagnosis? You have AIDS, congratulations.

LOL you are a funny MARINE

Take your meds, ice it and give those tendons in your wrist plenty of rest.

R.I.C.E:
    Rest (Avoid using your injured wrist and hand),
    Ice (Apply ice or a cold pack to the wrist for 15-20 minutes, 4 times a day for several days,
    Compression (Wrap your wrist in an elastic support. This will limit swelling and support your wrist), and
    Elevation ( Keep the injured wrist raised above the level of your heart for 48 hours such as up on a pillow. This will help drain fluid and reduce swelling).

In my opinion, by you still lifting weights 3 days a week, isn't giving your wrist the rest it needs and you could be making it worse. Do your other PT, but lay off of the weights.
    When your ready to go back to lifting weights, get yourself a good wrist support, and do some wrist strengthening exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    Take your meds, ice it and give those tendons in your wrist plenty of rest.

R.I.C.E:
    Rest (Avoid using your injured wrist and hand),
    Ice (Apply ice or a cold pack to the wrist for 15-20 minutes, 4 times a day for several days,
    Compression (Wrap your wrist in an elastic support. This will limit swelling and support your wrist), and
    Elevation ( Keep the injured wrist raised above the level of your heart for 48 hours such as up on a pillow. This will help drain fluid and reduce swelling).

In my opinion, by you still lifting weights 3 days a week, isn't giving your wrist the rest it needs and you could be making it worse. Do your other PT, but lay off of the weights.
    When your ready to go back to lifting weights, get yourself a good wrist support, and do some wrist strengthening exercises.
    So do you think that doing pull ups, push ups, crunches, 8 count body builders, and things like that are ok? Because I do not want my pull ups to go down. Thank you for you response MARINE it was very good.

Thread Information